She comes next Thursday

Hi Guys

I have been on the board for a couple of weeks now but as I paid my deposit yesterday I thought it was time to say hello.

I am in the process of buying a 2003 import in Gun Metal Grey.

It is a base model with leather upgrade and a nice stainless cat back exhaust (Not too loud but with a nice deep rumble)

I pick her up on Thursday all being well.

I am 47 and live in a high insurance area (South Yorkshire) but have got a fully comp quote of £536 including the Mrs which seems OK

I am check several other sites on Monday when they are back on line so I might get it under the £500 mark. Any thoughts?? I do have full no claims and a clean licence and previous high perfomance experience.

The car comes wthout a spoiler and I am after advice on where best to obtain one. I have access to a good bodywork guy who will paint and fit for me so colour is not an issue. What choices do we have in the UK?

The car also has an aftermarket grounding kit (Earthing kit under the bonnet)?? Is this preventative or a sign of a problem?

I have pressed all the buttons and checked the aircon and stuff and it all works fine. there is a wave band expander on the radio and it has been chipped to MPH for the SVA.

Look forward to meeting some of you guys in the future.

Ming the Excited

:welcome:

Hi Ming, recognise that user name from when I had a Mitsy GTO on the GTO site ...

I thought you had bought a XKR ?...

Make sure you have speed limiter box fitted, or you wont be able to exceed 112mph, but then you never will, Will you?? :p

Most cars have had the ground kit ftted , no problem just a recognised mod, I fitted one but cant tell any difference ,others will tell you different :thumbs:

Hi Guys

Thanks for the friendly greeting.

Thanks also for the links to the spoilers.

I am not sure about which one I am going to get so will wait until she is on the drive.

I tend towards the Nismo style one as I think the standard one looks a bit like a TT roadster. I am happy to do the fit myself and have a mate who is VERY good with paint so matching will not be a problem.

What is the Nismo one like to fit?

Hi Bluffy

I am in sunny Barnsley for my pains.

Its cool cause there is only one other Z in town that i know of!!

Hi Lomoto.

Yup had an XK8 but had more than a few problems with it. (9 days into ownership CAM chain snapped = £1200 and 9 days after I got it back gearbox failed = £800) Did not really trust it after that.

Also it was an auto box, they all are, and I missed the changing gear thing on the GTO.

If you remember my GTO engine you will know whats coming with the Z ;);)

Glad the grounding kit is just a normal mod as it did worry me a little.

The car has the speedo chip fitted which should also do the delimit thing. If it doesn't they are only £40 so i will do it myself when I get the car.

It has a standard double din stereo - I think - but it has a wave band expander already fitted so one less job.

Got my insurance for £547 in the end but that includes full business use for me AND Mrs Ming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! £350 excess and protected no claims. Result :thumbs:

Ming the Impatient

Hi Ming thought there could only be one with that user name, unfortunately even though it has speedo chip installed , it wont remove speed limiter..only one I know that works is a "HKS speedlimit defencer" they cost £150 but are easy to install :) not just a simple wire snip job like the GTO ;)

Get some pictures posted when youve polished it B)

Hi Guys

Thanks for the friendly greeting.

Thanks also for the links to the spoilers.

I am not sure about which one I am going to get so will wait until she is on the drive.

I tend towards the Nismo style one as I think the standard one looks a bit like a TT roadster. I am happy to do the fit myself and have a mate who is VERY good with paint so matching will not be a problem.

What is the Nismo one like to fit?

Hi Bluffy

I am in sunny Barnsley for my pains.

Its cool cause there is only one other Z in town that i know of!!

Hi Lomoto.

Yup had an XK8 but had more than a few problems with it. (9 days into ownership CAM chain snapped = £1200 and 9 days after I got it back gearbox failed = £800) Did not really trust it after that.

Also it was an auto box, they all are, and I missed the changing gear thing on the GTO.

If you remember my GTO engine you will know whats coming with the Z ;);)

Glad the grounding kit is just a normal mod as it did worry me a little.

The car has the speedo chip fitted which should also do the delimit thing. If it doesn't they are only £40 so i will do it myself when I get the car.

It has a standard double din stereo - I think - but it has a wave band expander already fitted so one less job.

Got my insurance for £547 in the end but that includes full business use for me AND Mrs Ming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! £350 excess and protected no claims. Result :thumbs:

Ming the Impatient

I work in sunny Rotherham, and occassional venture into Barnsleys district, so i may very well spot dee :D

Hi Bluffy

It aint never sunny in Rotherham :)

And its even less so in good old Barnsley

Two gun metal grey Zeds in the same area B)

We wil have to have a 'polish' off!!

Lomoto.

Thanks for that advice. i saw one on ebay for about £40 that claimed to be able to both convert and delimit.

Guess I will have to save a few pennies and do it properly.

Will post before and after pics as soon as I get her.

Ming the Impatient

Hi Bluffy

It aint never sunny in Rotherham :)

And its even less so in good old Barnsley

Two gun metal grey Zeds in the same area B)

We wil have to have a 'polish' off!!

Lomoto.

Thanks for that advice. i saw one on ebay for about £40 that claimed to be able to both convert and delimit.

Guess I will have to save a few pennies and do it properly.

Will post before and after pics as soon as I get her.

Ming the Impatient

Dont know what you mean about Rotherham not being sunny? Never heard of Rotherham by the Sea :)

Three days to go.

God Thursday seems a long way away.

Just advertised the Honda - powder coated engine bay and all - on autotrader.

Looking forward to a seats out clean and a PROPER polish before its first decent drive.

Ming the Impatient

I thought you meant last Thursday :blush: Oh well only a few days :thumbs: not much to polish in the Zed engine bay though :)

Three days to go.

God Thursday seems a long way away.

Just advertised the Honda - powder coated engine bay and all - on autotrader.

Looking forward to a seats out clean and a PROPER polish before its first decent drive.

Ming the Impatient

I thought you meant last Thursday :blush: Oh well only a few days :thumbs: not much to polish in the Zed engine bay though :)

Hi Mate

Its tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sold my little honda and MADE A PROFIT!!!!!!!!!!

The blinged up engine bay helped no end I am sure so I have a little cash for blinging!!

The plenum is going to go Cadbury's purple The Strut brace the same with smoked chrome ends. The covers to the battery and clutch resevoir will be wet painted the same Cadbury's colour.

I am not sure about the front plastic cover yet i will see what it looks like when I get the other bits done.

Thats for starters. You know me I am sure that there will be lots of little bits I can get 'blinged' up as well.

I am thinking about doing the wheels the same Gun metal grey to make the car look a little 'meaner'.

Would you believe that people are still asking for 'Samco' red and 'samco' blue for their engine parts on the GTO site? :headhurt:

I can get all sorts of great colours done and they pick them!

Oh well. each to his own.

Minmg the Excited

:thumbs: Ming .....No sleep for you tonight :p

ps remember those pics after you,ve polished it of course :teeth:

The vendor reckons it will have been valeted!!

Yeah right!

I will do before and after photo's and post them up and a 'work in progress' with the seats out.

I am already sourcing engine parts ready fro a 'full dress'.

ming the impatient

Hi Emporer ming.

I've just ordered the APS TT kit for my 350z (sold a couple of kids!!!)

I'm around the same age as you 45 and just got a quote from Sky insurance. Living on the outskirts of London (currently paying £650 through Admiral) . Qute from Sky was £840 after 430BHP upgrade so you might want to give them a try,

http://www.skyinsurance.co.uk/?gclid=CP ... EAodBy_dEw

Cheers

sorry . meant to say I'm paying 650 for the stock car... 840 doesn't seem to be a lot more for a TT conversion.. Just thought it may help you save a few pennies...

cheers for that

I went with Keith MICHAELS in the end. I got fullycomp with full business use for me AND Mrs Ming for £546 with a £350 excess and legal cover. I thought that that was a pretty good deal in the end especially with an S71 post code. (Car crime capital of the UK you know)

Ming the Ipatient