Fuel Damper Issue after Nissan P1 Service???

larsdowg

Hi all,

took my car in for a service at Nissan and came away with a noise. After much discussion Nissan have said it is nothing they have done and it could be a fuel pump issue but they have never come across this issue before and fixed it, only seen it before on a 2006 350Z that had done 60,000 miles.

Mines a 2004 54 and done just over 16,000, they said it would be 2 hours labour to investigate the job at £75 hour and then total job cost £1000 to change the fuel pump............. however this may still not resolve the issue!!! gee thanks Nissan, so you want me to pay £1150 to possibly NOT fix and issue!!! :bangin:

So as per usual I though I would have a look and ask the trusty guys/gals on 350z-uk.com :#1:

So..........been reading some posts think I might have the fuel Damper issue re this post

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=24433&hilit=fuel+damper

How simple is this to fix for starters, is it a job someone can do who is fairly handy with a spanner?

And should I go back to nissan with this extra information as is it a possible parts claim?

See attached pdf file,

Any help much appreciated,

thanks

Larsdowg :D

Fuel damper noise is easy to diagnose and replace and if you are handy with the spanners then it is a DIY jobby.

I have a few low mileage preowned ones if you require.

Cheers,

Alex.

Thanks Alex, how low do you mean by low mileage? As obviously mine has only done 16,000 miles

Just don't want to replace with an older, higher mileage part thats all........

What kind of price are we talking and do you have any istructions for doing the job?

Cheers

Larsdowg

Fuel damper noise is easy to diagnose and replace and if you are handy with the spanners then it is a DIY jobby.

I have a few low mileage preowned ones if you require.

Cheers,

Alex.

Thanks Alex, how low do you mean by low mileage? As obviously mine has only done 16,000 miles

Just don't want to replace with an older, higher mileage part thats all........

What kind of price are we talking and do you have any istructions for doing the job?

Cheers

Larsdowg

Hi Mate,

Mines are all similar mileage to your one so better to fit brand new.

Best to get it diagnosed properly before you splash the cash. :thumbs:

At 16K may be a warranty or goodwill claim. ;)

Alex.

Hi re Alex's post

Does anyone have instructions on how to change a fuel damper ie have instructions please?

Also am I right in thinking there are 2 after reading some posts? I think my noise is coming mostly from the drivers side (RHD car)

Any other help on prices and installing greatly received :thumbs:

cheers

Larsdowg