Screenwash not flowing - pump wanted

neilh

Hi All,

I am getting no fluid ot the windscreen whilst headlights and rear are OK. I have checked for one-way value sticking but it isn't there so it cant be that !

With the bumper off I can hear the pump motor for windscreen whirrs but doesn't pump fluid so I guess it's a complete replacment?

So has anyone have one (it is the white topped one as against blue) or have any ideas on where to get a replacement motor/pump.

Any help appreciated

Thx

Neil

The pipes and valves from the pump to the outlets are notoriously bad - i would disconnect the first pipe from the reservoir first and see if anything is pumped out first, before replacing the pump itself. If its making a noise at least, then there's more than a good chance it still works!

Hi All,

I am getting no fluid ot the windscreen whilst headlights and rear are OK. I have checked for one-way value sticking but it isn't there so it cant be that !

With the bumper off I can hear the pump motor for windscreen whirrs but doesn't pump fluid so I guess it's a complete replacment?

So has anyone have one (it is the white topped one as against blue) or have any ideas on where to get a replacement motor/pump.

Any help appreciated

Thx

Neil

Where did you look for the one way valve ?? I had the same fault and it was the valve that needed replacing just below the windscreen/brakefluid area. Picture below :D

IMG_3489.jpg

Thx for feedback,

I don't have the flow valve - removed previoulsy I guess. Since bumper is off for respray at momentI have had chance to check lines nad all clear but pump in trouble - whines but no flow. To get it sorted quik i have forked for new pump from local dealer. Know by weekedn if thats sorted it.

Cheers

Neilh