LHD headlights needed!!!!!!

Tallpsw24

Had this issue myself. My car is getting it's BFG inspection on Thursday at Sennelager so fingers crossed I've covered all the bases.

Couple of tips though:

1) Need to be a bit careful about getting lhd lights from the states as my understanding is that the beam pattern is differnrt from the edm ones, and as beam patterns is what all the fuss is about that could potentially be a drama.

2) Not really a tip, more of a word of caution. The companies over here that specifically sell lights to BFG personnel will find it hard to come across 350z models (as there aren't many over here) for less than OEM, new Nissan ones (very ££). Your best bet might be to get on French or German Nissan forums and get asking around there (Google translate is your friend!). I got lucky on here with a guy called Mathus who had a second hand pair for reasonable money.

3) Remember you'll need to swap over the reverse and foglights as well. Not that hard to do, just requires a clear lens (or two) and a bit of wiring. Give me a shout if you get stuck with this.

Good luck!

gazhull8474 - have sent you PM.

Lights came off my car back at the end of 2006 when I came back from China. The replacement UK ones cost me about £1500 from Nissan in Petersfield. LHD ones are safely boxed in a nice dry shed, though I haven't tested them since they came off the car.

• 6 months later...
Hi everyone, thanks for all your help i managed to get a set from a company in Thaiwan called crazy god they cost me about £360 and got here in about two weeks.

Have you a link or something for them? I got a set from holland but have found out they are for halogen cars not xenon.

Cheers

Hi everyone, thanks for all your help i managed to get a set from a company in Thaiwan called crazy god they cost me about £360 and got here in about two weeks.

Have you a link or something for them? I got a set from holland but have found out they are for halogen cars not xenon.

Cheers

Rob, is there no way to rewire the xenon plugs to fit the projector lights? I had a nightmare getting LHD lights last year. Had to get xenons from the US.

Dunno if they can be re-wired to be honest, would have to remove all the xenon kit from the UK lights, the connector on the new ones have a 3-pin socket where the original ones have 4-pin. Do you reckon it would be a big job?

When do you think you will be removing your LHD ones, I am thinking of selling the car if I cant get something sorted. Not something I want to do by the way

Problem is mate I live out and need a daily driver, it aint BFG'd coz of the lights and Gutersloh are a pain in the ass. Wont be able to get it on camp basically.

As its a 04 car, I thought it should have halogen lights, are mine aftermarket? If yes then a re-wire may be an option

I need to work out whether I'll be due a lights check prior to my return to the uk. If not, they could be available sooner rather than later. ;)

Oh, and mines an 04 too.

I pm'd him with a 'borrow headlight' idea. Help the lad out ;)

Ah, seen.

Can't see why not!

I need to work out whether I'll be due a lights check prior to my return to the uk. If not, they could be available sooner rather than later. ;)

Oh, and mines an 04 too.

I pm'd him with a 'borrow headlight' idea. Help the lad out ;)

Ah, seen.

Can't see why not!

Get on it, Rob! :thumbs:

My red beret seems not to matter when Zedding ;)

Haha good work there Danny.

Wookie as you have prob guessed I need a quick fix on this, would be very interested in having them off you. If you can let me know details soonest that would be great. If a light borrow is ok with you and there is no other feasible solution I would be very gratefull.

PM me with your thoughts and we can sort something out.

Cheers fellas once again :thumbs::thumbs: