h- bmw 320 cd- minor detail

lilsheepshagga_turbo

hi guys, today ive been working on a grey bmw 320 cd. the owner wanted a deep clean rather than a paint correction which is fair enough. inside and out but didnt want his carpets hoovered?? (i thought this was peculiar) but he was paying me so i didnt ask any questions.

the car was dropped off in this state. not too bad with a few heavily soiled areas

P1010397.jpg

P1010394.jpg

P1010396.jpg

car was then soaked with VP citrus degreaser including sills, petrol cap, wheels arches. door sills and petrol cap were agitated with horse hair brushes. wheels were then sprayed with bilberry (1:3) solution as the wheels had a fair amount of brakes dust on them. both left to dwell for 5-10 mins and rinsed off.

next up was VP snow foam :D

P1010399.jpg

P1010398.jpg

left to dwell for 5-10 mins and then rinsed off which resulted in this

P1010401.jpg

car was then washed with 2bm with dodo supernatural shampoo and lambs wool mit, which left the car looking like this

P1010403.jpg

P1010404.jpg

car all dried off,wheels then sealed with rimwax and megs endurance applied.

time to feel the paint, i actually laughed when i did this, closest thing ive felt to sand paper on paint work i believe. decided to go with dodo purposeful purple and megs nxt qd for lube.

started with this

P1010407.jpg

after the bonnet,which again was the worst ive seen on a claybar, every panel was about the same.

P1010409.jpg

claying took me an hour and a half roughly which is twice the amount it usually takes..

the car snow foamed and re washed with 2bm after claying.

the exterior was polished with dodo lime prime by hand and then dodo supernatural applied. the wax was left to cure for an hour whilst i cleaned his interior with poorboys natural look and gliptone on the seats. hood was cleaned with autoglym roof cleaner.

the results as below

P1010411.jpg

P1010414.jpg

P1010412.jpg

P1010413.jpg

P1010410.jpg

and finally a bonnet shot which is always my favourite :D

P1010415.jpg

total time= 5-6 hours

thanks for looking again guys

-ho

Nice work Ho, bet the owner was well chuffed.

How hard do you find DD SN to remove after an hours cure time? I can imagine if you apply a little too thick, it would be a right sod!

yeh was a bit of a pain but ive learnt the hardway to apply thin layers, first attempt half a year ago resulted in about 40 mins of buffing, this took me about 20 mins max including going back over every panel with a second towel :D

Nice work Ho, bet the owner was well chuffed.

How hard do you find DD SN to remove after an hours cure time? I can imagine if you apply a little too thick, it would be a right sod!

yeh was a bit of a pain but ive learnt the hardway to apply thin layers, first attempt half a year ago resulted in about 40 mins of buffing, this took me about 20 mins max including going back over every panel with a second towel :D

Not bad then. I learnt to that with SN you need to do it nice and thin :thumbs: