Wheel Refurbishment

Madmarky

Just thought i would let you all know ive found a very friendly place to get my old wheels refurbed. So if anyone is after the same service i can highly recommend:

The Wheel Genie

01480 141905

www.wheelgenie.co.uk

They are based in Hundington, just outside Cambs and only just off the A1.

As some may of seen pics my wheels were all wrecked. 1 Had a huge dent in it and the other three had at least 1/2 the wheel scratched. They are charging me just over £100 a wheel + Vat for a refurb plus colour change.

I will post some pics once there done and can fully endorse there work.

Also on a side note it means that i will have a brand new set of 20" Ultralite GTII's for sale in a few weeks, will come with bolts, locking wheel nuts and rings. Will post up a price once i work out how much i want for em but feel free to enquire if your looking for a new set in 2-3 weeks. I may also be able to deliver if its not far. :bounce:

£100!! wow thats expensive. In South Wales there's a place called Afan Tyres, they charge £50 a wheel and that includes taking off and putting back on the tyres!! Or for £75 a wheel they'll polish the lip and paint the spokes, any colour you fancy. :thumbs:

Keep in mind that madmarky has 20" Axis Penta splitrims.

Being splitrims, it costs more to refurb than a forged one-piece wheel.

He'll prolly have to have all the dishes re-polished and the centers powdercoated, hence the £100 per wheel price.

£100!! wow thats expensive. In South Wales there's a place called Afan Tyres, they charge £50 a wheel and that includes taking off and putting back on the tyres!! Or for £75 a wheel they'll polish the lip and paint the spokes, any colour you fancy. :thumbs:

Keep in mind that madmarky has 20" Axis Penta splitrims.

Being splitrims, it costs more to refurb than a forged one-piece wheel.

He'll prolly have to have all the dishes re-polished and the centers powdercoated, hence the £100 per wheel price.

They are Ascarii Penta's not the Axis ones BM! :boxing:

My wheels need a lot of work hence as BM said the high price. Mine have a diamond cut lip which takes some time to replicate i think, plus im having mine powder coated in a special metalica chrome paint, im sure it all adds to the cost. They do do one day turn around on some wheels depending on damage.

Next time i speak to the guy i will see if theres any discount he may be able to offer for us forum members, hes a nice chap and it dont cost anything to ask. :bounce:

I live in the neighbouring village to huntingdon and ive never heard of these people :lol:

I thinking about getting mine refurbed before i sell them on and this place is not even a 2 minute drive away!

Feel free to drop round mine with your Veilside Zed when you pick you wheels up B)

Springy ill be picking the wheels up in my spare car so if you were hoping to see my car you will have to wait till one of our local meets. If you just wanted to see the wheel companies work im more than happy to meet you :thumbs:

RT i have a brand new set of 20"'s you can buy lol also have a set of 6 spoke you may be able to borrow :bounce:

would love a set of 20's but i don't have the cash for new wheels, thats why i bought new tyres, am going to get them fitted then have the wheels refurbed. but to borrow a set of 6 spokes would be legendary. am happy to pay a rental fee, and if in the worst case scenario i curb any i would pay for them to be refurbed

Just got a quote. From them for doing my rays. £250 for just satin black, or another £80 for the red lip. It's 1 day for the satin black, but 2 - 3 for the red lip. I"m going to wait till half term and see if I can do it then.

Was this for the red bead time attack styley? or just like the outer rim? (if you understand).

Just got a quote. From them for doing my rays. £250 for just satin black, or another £80 for the red lip. It's 1 day for the satin black, but 2 - 3 for the red lip. I"m going to wait till half term and see if I can do it then.

Was this for the red bead time attack styley? or just like the outer rim? (if you understand).

250 for the black

80 on top for the time attatck style red lip

250 for the black

hmmm this is tempting, plus being like 3mins away i could drop my car in and bike to work for a few days, or let them have it over a weekend maybe.....

any news on a possible discount? B)

250 for the black

hmmm this is tempting, plus being like 3mins away i could drop my car in and bike to work for a few days, or let them have it over a weekend maybe.....

any news on a possible discount? B)

hadn't got round to doing it yet, waiting on some cash to come back in, hoping to di it at the beginning of october, but also need to organise with marky to borrow his spare set so i can drive my car.

hadn't got round to doing it yet, waiting on some cash to come back in, hoping to di it at the beginning of october, but also need to organise with marky to borrow his spare set so i can drive my car.

Do they do pick-up too?

Otherwise you'll have to figure out how to stick your Rays into the Zed.

There is a way, I've seen it on these very forums. (both fronts on passenger seat and the rears in the boot)