APS plenum and Vortech don't mix

Spill

Had one or two issues with my car so took it back for a re-tune, basically the injectors cannot cope with an APS plenum. AFR is way too high with the injectors at 100% utilisation, so now need new injectors.

What injectors do I need and is there anything else I should do while I'm at it?

hell get extra ones! :teeth:

seriously, I don't know much about fueling, see what bap or Dorian have to suggest about this. then for the specs, I'd ask Sharif (not saying you need to buy them, only after he's given you his sugestion) THEN ask him for a quote :teeth:

Guest prescience

Pete,

It is regrettable that you are where you are having ditched IMO a perfectly and proven workable fuel solution with the Vortech FMU and additional pump. Seeing as that is now gone, you probably do need to go for larger injectors (Bap, I thought the APS were 380s but my memory is terrible, I know :lol:) and in terms of other bits, you should for sure install a full fuel retunr system from AAM or CJ Motorsports (phunk's company) - not much to choose between this two, they both do the job.

For old time's sake if you like , read this thread (Booger's input in particular) to understand how the Vortech addresses the issue and why you are not necessarily maxed out with that

http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthread. ... t=injector

You should get rid of yours and buy mine ;) because I need to sell and move on

Guest prescience

OK makes sense.

Feel really sorry for Pete, he's into more bucks here :(

One thing you probably know the answer to, will Pete need any additional hardware (spacers etc) to hook up your injectors to stock fuel rail. I know the RC 440s need a bit of extra gear

I'll have some spare ones off my car soon (standard 440cc APS ones), but im sure you'll need em pretty quickly??? Should be off the car in a couple of weeks.

Cheers this may be a short term solution, I've been without the car since March so another couple of weeks shouldn't hurt :thumbs:

Can't stand the noise of a kinetix plenum :p

Thx I was looking at the AAM system having read a few of your past posts about fuel, but not sure whether I'm going to take it much further, I'm in for about £6K to date just on SC so can't decide whether to cut my loses return to stockish park up in the garage and buy a noble or 996

Can't stand the noise of a kinetix plenum :p

Thx I was looking at the AAM system having read a few of your past posts about fuel, but not sure whether I'm going to take it much further, I'm in for about £6K to date just on SC so can't decide whether to cut my loses return to stockish park up in the garage and buy a noble or 996

think you've just been quite unlucky really!

• 1 month later...
Thing is Val, if you pay someone top dollar to fit a kit, then you should not experience such problems. You rely on them knowing what they are doing.

Would save you some dosh though.

but since you can't "trust" anyone in this business it seems (or at least it looks like finding a good trusted tuner in this country is somewhat near-impossible), you might as well have some fun if you have access to a daily driver and DIY! :lol: