Remote for Xanavi Birdview Sat Nav?

bounty78

Hi..I am a Zed newbie. Have recently bought a UK model Category C stolen and recovered 350Z from a salvage company down in Loughborough. The car is in the Nissan garage being restored to life..yes..i know..it's going to do a lot of damage to the pocket :headhurt: The 350z comes with a retrofitted Nissan Xanavi Birdview Sat Nav. It's a 53 reg car. Spoke to the girl from Nissan this morning and I don't think she has a clue about how the unit operates. She keeps saying there should be a remote that comes with the unit. We were unable to locate the remote in the car. Are they not touch screen operated? Is there actually a remote? Where do you usually find the remote?

Clueless Mike

Would be helpful is someone could show me a picture of what the remote looks like if there is one indeed.

The remote is often on a velcro mount somewhere around the car. Many owners dont do this though as it advertises the fact that a sat nav is present.

Its about the size of a marathon bar. I take it its not in the centr cubby, thats where most live.

The unit wont work without it. Try R35LEE for a replacement, I would hate to think what Nissan charge. Also, if you get one carry spare batteries.

Thanks martinmac. Any idea how much does one (the remote) costs? I am thinking of having a custom sat nav fitted by Nurrish aka Dave if it works out to be too expensive. The one that nurrish builds sit in the cubby hole like the factory fitted ones and it's touch screen as well.

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks martinmac. Any idea how much does one (the remote) costs? I am thinking of having a custom sat nav fitted by Nurrish aka Dave if it works out to be too expensive. The one that nurrish builds sit in the cubby hole like the factory fitted ones and it's touch screen as well.

Well, I'd throw out the nav you have and fit Garmin 5000 (I did it). Couldn't be happier, it even plays mp3 to original stereo via fm or cassete adapter.

If you need the remote, I have it, if you are interested, I can send you a picture, to see, if it is the right one. I will part it for 12GBp+ 18GBP postage (I'm from Slovenia).

Thanks...

Dejan