Tax renewal woes

maxi-glasgow

I always renew my tax disc online when I receive the Sorn but it runs out today and I had never received the sorn, a few days ago I went online anyway, punched in my registration number and my document reference from my V5 and it wanted to renew from 1st August 2009....

I wasn't paying and losing a month so there is another link to check your tax and it says it's not due to 1/3/2010.....but my tax disc says August 2009...

I called up yesterday but the offices are closed until tomorrow and I think I know what has happened, I bought the car in March from Northern Ireland, and I went to the DVLA office to re-register the car since it's came from NI. The guy has given me a new tax disc for the remainder of the tax outstanding (August) but it was a 12 month tax disc so I think he must have typed in March and 12 months and the system thinks I have 12 months instead of just the remainder of tax which was outstanding...

So I will try my arm tomorrow, call up and say I never noticed the guy gave me the wrong disc and only noticed now because someone mentioned my tax was up.....

What's my chances???? :blackeye: