Race Valeting - Porsche Paint Correction Detailing

Race Valeting

Had this dark blue Porsche 996 cabrio booked in for 3 days to carry out a minor correction detail and also the interior/engine as they were filthy.

The car is owned by my friends boss who wanted the car brought back to 'showroom condition' again.

The paintwork suffered from some pretty bad scratches/scuff and lots of swirls, and you'll see later on in the thread it was also hiding a lovely purple fleck in the paint too which none of the lads had seen before.

On arrival this is what the car looked like, sorry for the poor before shots, didn't have much space/time as I needed it washed and moved inside out the way.

Before:

DSC_1027-1.jpg

DSC_1028-1.jpg

DSC_1029-1.jpg

DSC_1030-1.jpg

DSC_1023-1.jpg

DSC_1024-1.jpg

DSC_1026-1.jpg

The cars wheels were firstly washed using bilberry and a selection of brushes, the arches cleaned with some super de-greaser and the tyres with g101.

The lowers of the car was soaked using a citrus de-greaser and left for a few mins to loosen the dirt/grime and then rinsed, followed by all the shuts cleaned using g101 and a swissvax style brush.

The car was then foamed using megs hyper wash and left for few mins before rinsing and then followed by a 2bm wash using dodo sp and a z sponge.

The car was then dried and taking inside to clay using megs mild clay.

Before:

DSC_1031-1.jpg

Afters:

DSC_1032-1.jpg

Once the car wash clayed I taped up the necessary items, trims/lights panel gaps etc, this was followed by some paint readings showing on average 120-240um and the front being resprayed and also the driverside rear qtr.

The test patch was taped off on the bonnet and started with the makita and a megs polishing pad with menz ip/ff mix, this was the results after 2 hits.

DSC_0001-1.jpg

DSC_0002-2.jpg

Heres some pics of the typical defects:

DSC_0047-1.jpg

DSC_0005-2.jpg

DSC_0006-2.jpg

DSC_0013-1.jpg

DSC_0018-1.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

50/50's

DSC_0043-1.jpg

DSC_0021-2.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

The Porsche paint was terrible, thought i'd found a nice combo on the bonnet that worked well, as soon as I got onto the front wing the polish started drying up really quick and clogging the pad, tried fc+/utrafina mix did the same.

Ended up using a 4" spot pad with 3m fine cut compound and utrafina se this was nice and didn't dry out due to the oils, the first day 1/2 was spent machining and once all completed it left only the remaining RDS, once the machining was complete the car was given a IPA wipedown followed by some Dodo LP panel at a time, the car was then applied with Dodo Purple haze by hand and left to cure for 30 mins before being buffed.

The wheels were then removed so I could remove all the old wheel weights with tardis and then polish isong zaino AIO followed by Zaino CS, the tyres were dressed using megs endurance and the inner arches linnings dressed and shocks/springs cleaned up with the calipers being sealed with zaino cs too.

The 2 exhausts tips were taken off to clean/polish as they were covered in tar,

DSC_0050-1.jpg

Cleaned using tardis and then polished using the britemax twins:

DSC_0051-1.jpg

The hood was pretty clean just hoovered off and then applied with some 303 fabric guard, the marks are from were it folds up.

The engine was dressed using AS Smart Shine via a brush and mf, all the interior plastics in the luggage compartment were dressed with 303 aerospace protectant.

Finally the interior which was filthy as the owners chucks loose tyres in the back and you can imagine on light silvers leather the state of them, the whole interior was cleaned using some AG magic sponges, these are my best product for interiors, the leather was then conditioned using gliptone and the matts scrubbed with bio brisk.

All the windows were then cleaned and the exterior treated to zaino cs and then the door shuts polished using zaino aio and then waxed using PH and that was job done.

Total time 22hrs

Finished pics:

DSC_0053-1.jpg

DSC_0054-1.jpg

DSC_0056-1.jpg

DSC_0058-1.jpg

The car was then parked outside for a few shots.

DSC_0059-1.jpg

DSC_0060-1.jpg

DSC_0061-1.jpg

DSC_0063-1.jpg

DSC_0065-1.jpg

DSC_0073-1.jpg

DSC_0069-1.jpg

DSC_0070-1.jpg

Sorry for the lack of photo's as you can imagine it was a but awkward.

Thanks for looking Paul

Ahh my mate was just telling me about this. He works at westbourne steel next door. I've played on that dartboard while they were doing some bits for me before haha. Good bunch of lads down there.

Small world aye, You probably know Darren the owner of the Porsche then?

I had a chap from the steel place ask about his Golf....

Great work guys, now that im off my feet for the next few months I may have to get you to come and give my zed a once over B)

Thanks Darren

If you need anything doing detailing wise just give me a shout either pm or email me mail@racevaleting.co.uk

I will be offering a 25% discount to all Z owners on details throughout sept/oct carried out at the unit, pm me for details.

Paul

Ahh my mate was just telling me about this. He works at westbourne steel next door. I've played on that dartboard while they were doing some bits for me before haha. Good bunch of lads down there.

Small world indeed. I don't know darren i just know mark and the boys that run the place. My mate jake told me you had done an amazing job. :thumbs:

Small world indeed. I don't know darren i just know mark and the boys that run the place. My mate jake told me you had done an amazing job. :thumbs:

Yeah Mark, Kris, Ben and the others I can't remember lol.

I have a few good friends that works at the Havant branch, Must say there was a few people that kept popping in having a good look over her...

Paul