US stereos

Toledo

When i moved back from the states i bought my headunit and had to hard wire the unit to the harness, and get a bandwith expander as they use a different frequency for the radion stations.

Basiclly i got it to work and my 'ice' knowledge is very limited. See what others say.

Jon

Hi all,

I'm thinking of ordering a new head unit from the US as it's much cheaper. Do they use the same fittings or would I have problems?

Cheers.

Just be carefull as Jon says the US use 0.2 to tune the stations ie- 101.1,101.3,101.5 so you will not be able to receive alot of the UK stations without a bandwith expander.

I have a US 2008 GMC Savanna here in France and the radio tunes every .2

Yeh, had to hardwire a friends US radio into his rover once. We couldnt find a connection kit for it, and the wire colours didnt match, so we spent a whole weekend with a multimeter turning the ignition on and off etc...!

...and the radio wouldnt even pick up radio 1 after all that.

Hi all,

I'm thinking of ordering a new head unit from the US as it's much cheaper. Do they use the same fittings or would I have problems?

Cheers.

As long as it uses an iso then it will be fine, You might need a band expander but you might not as i have a canadian headunit and i get every station fine.