Brake fluid+ pads + SS brake lines: MEET!

Removed

Mate I'd be there like a shot (especially with some genuine italian cooking on offer!!) but I'm in Blackpool at a 4 & 1yr old joint birthday (its my Godson so I've gotta go). Sorry :thumbdown:

no worries mate, i can always invite you and the missus for dinner some time anyway, when Debbie is off! :teeth:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mate I'd be there like a shot (especially with some genuine italian cooking on offer!!) but I'm in Blackpool at a 4 & 1yr old joint birthday (its my Godson so I've gotta go). Sorry :thumbdown:

no worries mate, i can always invite you and the missus for dinner some time anyway, when Debbie is off! :teeth:

Sounds good to me dude :thumbs:

7- SS brake lines from Technafit (also known as Stoptech Brake lines)

You sure you got the right ones didn't think stoptec made them for Brembos??

yeah mate they have those cubic attachments, that I've seen :) Plus it said Brembo 350Z on the packagins :lol:

:thumbs:

much more of a nightmare than expected: not because of the difficulty of the job, but because of the passenger side front NUTS, all of them basically completely seized up: nothing would move them, not even penetrating oil, NOTHING! :rant:

So basically the situation is the following: rear SS lines on, and brakes bled, no issues.

Pads will be on by the end of tonight on both fronts, one front will have a SS brake line too, but the other one will need looking at by professioanls who will have "professional ways" to get some nuts off, they just WON'T shift with our toosl, although we did use professional stuff (snap-on) and flare wrenches as suggested on the manual. Worked fine on 3 corners, no way on front passenger side. :dry:

Thanks Liam for all the help :teeth:

PS no pics as we were really tight with time, unforteunately

update: brake pistons don't want to go back and don't have the tool required to squeeze them back :dry: hence not leaving enough space for the new brake pads :dry:

also one of the nuts on the driver side for the brake line is extacly the same as the ones on the pasenger side: seized to death. Shame as that was the last one needed to put the brake line on :dry:

interesting stuff though, and if it wasn't for the seized nuts it would have been done in no time and everyone would be happy. Funny how a straightforward job can be hampered by stupid bolts or nuts that won't shift :(

Get down to Halfrauds they have a Brake Nut spanner set which will fit.

They are ring spanners for hex only and are cut open sufficient to fit over the pipes.

Gets all seized buggers off with ease.

Any decent MD centre should have em tho.

Good Luck Val.

As for the pistons if you rotate them the will retract very much easier.

much more of a nightmare than expected: not because of the difficulty of the job, but because of the passenger side front NUTS, all of them basically completely seized up: nothing would move them, not even penetrating oil, NOTHING! :rant:

So basically the situation is the following: rear SS lines on, and brakes bled, no issues.

Pads will be on by the end of tonight on both fronts, one front will have a SS brake line too, but the other one will need looking at by professioanls who will have "professional ways" to get some nuts off, they just WON'T shift with our toosl, although we did use professional stuff (snap-on) and flare wrenches as suggested on the manual. Worked fine on 3 corners, no way on front passenger side. :dry:

Thanks Liam for all the help :teeth:

PS no pics as we were really tight with time, unforteunately

Np mate,,, just pi**ed that we didn't get it finished :dry:

Get down to Halfrauds they have a Brake Nut spanner set which will fit.

They are ring spanners for hex only and are cut open sufficient to fit over the pipes.

Gets all seized buggers off with ease.

Any decent MD centre should have em tho.

Good Luck Val.

As for the pistons if you rotate them the will retract very much easier.

thanks mate but we did have a flare nut spanner! still no joy I'm afraid.

did the brake pads, managed to push the pistons back with a bit of luck with tools I had. I opened the bleeding valves and also chocked the brake line so that extra liquid would come out of the bleed nipples instead of going back up to the reservoir via the master cylinder. Tomorrow I'll finish the fluid beleeding/replacement with the RBF600, but those front brake lines were a couple of biatches

:dry:

Try a bit of heat? Cheap gas torches at any local DIY. Couple of good whacks with a hammer to break it loose? 1 meter breaker bar?

Halfrauds do a brake piston compressor, although I'm not sure if it would fit the brembos. I usually just us a dirty great screwdriver (or two in the case of two pistons per side - else they just see-saw). Might help to open the bleed screw while you compress.

Halfrauds do a brake piston compressor, although I'm not sure if it would fit the brembos. I usually just us a dirty great screwdriver (or two in the case of two pistons per side - else they just see-saw). Might help to open the bleed screw while you compress.

yeah mate sorted that part, but I think I'll just leave it to the professionals to finish off the SS lines :( Liam will confirm we have tried our best!

one thing is for sure oem lines aren't a patch on these!

Guest prescience

If only you'd followed that tip of waiting for your neighbour to return from holiday :p:lol:

he's coming back tomorrow :p still, no neighbour would have helped today, plus we've done most of the tasks in hand!

rear SS lines + fluid replaced on rears

front pads

brake fluid replacement (completed tomorrow)

see? only front SS brake lines left to do :p

plus when was the last time you did something like this anyway :p

he's coming back tomorrow :p still, no neighbour would have helped today, plus we've done most of the tasks in hand!

front pads

see? only front SS brake linesleft to do :p

everyday Val, everyday ;):):teeth::p

Guest prescience

I did fit my cats, exhaust and plenum but I must admit I was reluctant to cut the b*ggery out of the switch for my LED rear lights until Mike pointed out that destroying it would work - and it did

Guest prescience

'Good Lord Dorian' as the bloke I work with says as in 'Good Lord Dorian, can't you get anything right' :lol:

front pads

So then how's Val gonna get his nuts off :blush:

bermc tip sounds good ;) bit of heat may help :)

front pads

Yep heat spanner seems the best idea, but big problems though if it shears off :scare:

So then how's Val gonna get his nuts off :blush:

bermc tip sounds good ;) bit of heat may help :)

Yep heat spanner seems the best idea, but big problems though if it shears off :scare: