Battery clamp. Help!

Wookiee22

Have just had the battery changed on my Z, this is a good thing as the Nissan unit had given up the ghost after a whole 2 years of use and jump starting was getting to be a touch tiresome. Needless to say the local main dealer was not particularly sympathetic so I went elsewhere. Anyhow, this is not supposed to be a rant so I shall continue...

The technician discovered that the rear part of the mounting bracket (the nut and bolt nearest the windscreen that holds the black metal plate over the battery) was missing. Clearly they missed this at the MOT 3 weeks ago as apparently a non-fixed battery is cause for failure. Anyone have a spare or know the best place to get one without having to resort to the damned main stealers?

Thanks!

Andy

I had the same problem!!

If you still got the top bracket then a couple of strong cable ties do the work or as an alternative as this can happen... Take the battery out and have a look at the bottom of the hole... they have been known to be found in there!!