Sat Nav to DVD

nikbiomed

Hi here is another one for ya from me.

Can anyone tell me whether it is possible to fit a DVD player to the car and utilise the Sat Nav display. It seems not and probably the display resolution would be poor, but what about other possibilities what have you guys done? I am thinking of maybe replacing the Bose Double Din system with something, again what is best, especially as I would like to retaing the Steering wheel functionality.

This is a Jap import if it makes any difference.

The JDM sat nav screen is crap (low resolution) and not worth the effort, and thats assuming you can get a suitable NTSC/PAL converter for the DVD.

Have a look a the computer/sat-nav system Nurrish is building for members:

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=24395

I am sure mine is an aftermarket install when the car got to the UK. I have a lot of paperwork on how to install it etc and seem to remember the guy I bought it off stating this too, so presume this is a UK Spec install. Does this make a difference or is this still crap resolution?

and another one from you posted in the wrong section

moved

Yep I know that now, sorry. Not used to how this forum works and saw that the guides section was full of questions so posted there. Realised later it was wrong. Soz again, but you will see that they were both posted close to each other hence two had to be moved.

• 4 weeks later...
I have the same dilemna ....

I want to add some more I.C.E to my Zed while retaining the sterring wheel controls ...

Does anyone have any recommendations on Double Din Screens and wiring etc ...

Thanks

Be nice if someone could let us know. Someone must have done it. I know from my wifes Renaulsport Megane 225 that you need specific leads to make this work and they differ from year/level of car too so very important you get the right one. Its easy to do just need the correct advice.

ANYONE HELP US??????

Nurrish does a custom Sat Nav for the cubby and this will allow an AV input. I have this setup in my car and have a freeview box setup where the old birdview Sat Nav is. Just need the AV leads as the Sat Nav comes with the AV out leads into the glove box by the handbrake.

You can also just buy a screen if you only want a screen and dvd player.