Headlight Orange Reflector Strip

Rosssco

Hi Folks,

The orange reflector strip in the headlights, can this be easily accessed for removal or repainting (either silver to match the car, or black)? Or what is required? Does anybody supply the reflector strip in different colours? I'm also unsure if its an MOT requirement??

Obviously I will need to be careful to a) not damage anything, and B) ensure both units are resealed properly, I'm assuming of course they are sealed units, but if not, better..

Any advice from those who have done this before would be appreciated...

Thanks!

Ross

Envy sell the replacement strips. You can then see if Paul at Dream Customz can fit you in to have them swapped over. However Paul may not be available, and you better be seated when Envy tell you what these little stips of plastic cost ;)

It is an easy job? ..... No you need to split you headlights in the oven and at a retail cost of nearly £1500 its nerve racking, to say the least

There is a company in America that supplies the strips but at 70 + Shipping + taxes for the pair its not exactly cheap.

Dream customs 'was' your man but unfortunately he shut up shop yesterday for a while to persue other ventures.

Have a look at 'clearcorners' in America.

Dan

Thanks for the replys.

I was hoping it would be a time-consuming DIY job only - Scalpel I can cope with, but think I'll avoid the oven (I always burn the garlic bread anyway..). I presume you have to heat the unit to remove the headlight cover?

I'll maybe investigate these plastic strips, but don't think I'll bother if theres a strong possibility I will end up with a distorted silver mess at the end of it... :yuck:

Cheers,

Ross