Unknown Gadgets in the car please advise

nikbiomed

Can anyone help please?

Take a look at the two images I have attached to this thread. Not sure what these are for, the ETC one fits a credit card perfectly and ejects it too so it is obviously for something like that, but what?

The other photo, shows two buttons at the courtesy light area of the windscreen. Seems to indicate something to do with the Sat Nav maybe, ie Compass, but pushing them does not do anything, well nothing I noticed anyway. Maybe its a secret James Bond Ejector Seat Button :lol: The Auto DJ?????? mmmm me speculates.

Any help here guys as I am sure someone else must of had these fitted to there cars in the past. By the way this is an Import.

its probably something for paying the road tolls in Japan - we've seen various attachments for this on imports. Not 100% sure though - and don't know about the buttons near the light.

Thanks for the quick reply bud, yeh that would sound about right for Japan. I guess I will wait and see what else pops up. Cheers again.

Also - I believe the credit card thing is actually a SIM card holder for built in phone (remember how big old SIM cards used to be!) - I had one of these on a Merc SLK a few years ago

I do remember, showing my age now. That would also make sense as the car does have a Phone symbol/button on the steering wheel. I guess that this is useless then?

Also - I believe the credit card thing is actually a SIM card holder for built in phone (remember how big old SIM cards used to be!) - I had one of these on a Merc SLK a few years ago

I do remember, showing my age now. That would also make sense as the car does have a Phone symbol/button on the steering wheel. I guess that this is useless then?

Yep, I imagine its useless - Jap phone frequencies probably different to ours etc

Still need to know what the Compass Link is for if anyone has any ideas? Its the other side of the Auto DJ button on the Courtesy light assembly. It does seem however that these additional buttons are not of much use to me ere.

Thanks to all that have replied.

credit card size reader thats says ETC on it is the Toll Road card reader - probably for the toll roads in Toyko.

mine used to speak to me in japanese each time i switched the engine on - saying something like - "dont forget to insert your toll card". there was also a volume button on the reader so yours might do the same if you turn the volume up!

credit card size reader thats says ETC on it is the Toll Road card reader - probably for the toll roads in Toyko.

mine used to speak to me in japanese each time i switched the engine on - saying something like - "dont forget to insert your toll card". there was also a volume button on the reader so yours might do the same if you turn the volume up!

Nice one bud, will look for the volume control in a bit. Would like to hear it abeit blinking usless. Thanks again as you are all being very helpfull. I know the MKIV forum for the supra is not this helpfull.

mine wasn't inset into the dash as yours is, it was a silver - what looked like slim credit card holder - on the left hand side attached down the side of the centre console

when you pressed the volume up or down it also said "quieter" or "louder" in japanese - quite cool! i didn't take it off cos i liked it!

The credit card like slot is definatley for toll cards. I was driving in Japan on holiday in June. It is for the barriers that open so fast you don't have to slow down. I didn't have one.... which was a great excuse to test out the 0-60 claims for the GTR every few junctions :teeth::teeth::scare: