350z Repair

AndyRigby

Two weeks ago I bought my 350z on a Cat D with minimal damage. From speaking with the insurance engineer it was only written off due to a back order of parts at Nissan at the time, a real shame to write off such a nice car. (but a bargain for me!)

I run Lotus race cars so preparing and repairing cars is nothing new to me.

The car required the following parts:

Bumper, bonnet, one headlight, radiators, I also replaced the surrounding trims etc to make it a 100% professional job.

The damage was so light there was not even a mark on the chassis front legs.

I replaced all the frame parts within two days; this is a testiment to Nissan with the superb way these cars are designed and built.

I then left the final bodywork and paint to a local bodyshop who do excellent work.

The front bumper is a Nismo V1 with the centre grille done in matt back. The bodyshops attention to detail was superb, and the paint match and finish well above that of the factory.

If anyone in the northwest need a 1st class bodyshop they are called FGL Autobodies in Standish nr Wigan. It cost under £300 for the work you can see, inc a small repair to one wing and picking up/delivering back to my house.

A few pics showing the process! I'll take some later of the finished car!

Pics of the car in the bodyshop can be seen here! http://www.fglautobodies.co.uk/80415/info.php?p=7