So, what are they like to live with?

frankyknuckles

I'm considering a new car. Looking at Boxters, Cayman (non S type when it arrives), I have recently owned a Caterham SLR300, prior to that I had a Honda S2000 (tempted to get another one but reluctant to re-tread old ground). Don't want a beemer.

The 350Z falls nicely in my price bracket. Having read through EVO mag I can see that they rate it quite highly, but I thought that I would ask the question here to see what response I get.

I would not be using it as a daily driver, but would use it often at the weekend to take my 5 year old boy out and about.

The worst I have heard is that the interior is slightly 'cheap' looking, but not seen it myslef so can't comment. I'm trying to get a test drive for Friday afternoon, but wondered what you owners have to say about the Zed?

Other Jap cars I have owned are new Civic Type R, UK scooby and STi V scooby (as well as the S2000), non of which ever let me down.

yeah, thought as much, but still, any info is better than non.

If i buy second hand, I could potentially bag a real bargain.

What should I look for in a second hand Zed? have there been any major faults with them?

I'm interested in peoples replies regarding the general performance from teh Zed. How do they compare to a Boxter S for example?

Is a Zed a good track car, is it involving enough etc?

Take a test drive!

I've got 20,000 miles under my belt in 10 months and best fun since my rally car.

Dont know about the interior. Never seen it - too busy looking out the front, the rear, and quite often the sides!

Some dealers dont appear to be very good, but I know one who is if your in the West Country...

yeah, thought as much, but still, any info is better than non.

If i buy second hand, I could potentially bag a real bargain.

What should I look for in a second hand Zed? have there been any major faults with them?

I'm interested in peoples replies regarding the general performance from teh Zed. How do they compare to a Boxter S for example?

Is a Zed a good track car, is it involving enough etc?

Yes a real bargain buy at present, just look for condition as any used car buy, loads about , cheap to service, plenty of bits to bolt on, good track day car by all accounts .. Good fun with the rear wheel drive..

BUY ONE NOW :yahoo:

Thanks. Just spoke to a dealer about a test drive but got very confused. He asked me what version of the zed I wanted, the one with the extra 20bhp (300bhp in total) or the 280bhp version. I was under the impression that the 300 was now standard and had been for a while (was first introduced for the gt anniversary edition but now standard). Dealer said he didn't have one as they are a very new model with new front and rear lights etc. He could only offer a test drive in the 280bhp version.

Can someone put me straight on the various engine specs available please and for how long they have been around?

:welcome: mate!!

Fantastic car, mine's a daily driver and she hasn't put a foot wrong. There are a couple of pretty minor issues (as with any new model) but they are all sortable under warranty. If you're buying outside of warranty I can't imagine you'd have too many troubles as long as you do all the usual checks.

Have had a standard zed on the track (Anglesey) and it was far better than I imagined, really involving and nice and balanced on the limit.

The Boxster S is a faster car but theres little in it and I doubt you'd notice the difference with every day driving. Personnally I far prefer the sound of the zed to the porker though. Plus the zed is a fair bit rarer on the roads.

The general consensus (I think) is that the interior of the MY06 is a better quality than the earlier model but I have a 54 plate and its a nice place to be every day, certainly more special than anything you've been used to in, say the Type R

The long and the short of it is that if you buy the right car then you won't fail to have a big :teeth: etched on your face!

The interior is fine if you ask me. I went for the alezan leather interior too, which I like as it brings some colour to the cabin (although others dislike it).

Day to day, it's absolutely fine. I often just nip to the shops in it and it eats motorway miles fine too. There is plenty of low down grunt, so you can just stroke it along quickly too, without feeling like you're ragging the balls off it! :)

thanks, I must sort out a test drive for Friday. Hopefully I can find somewhere with a MY06.

Are there any good on-line reviews of the zed? (I'm half way through reading all the back issues of EVO that have featured the zed in it's many variants, so far so good, not really a bad word said about it).

Jut about to start reading the fast fleet articles now......

thanks, I must sort out a test drive for Friday. Hopefully I can find somewhere with a MY06.

Are there any good on-line reviews of the zed? (I'm half way through reading all the back issues of EVO that have featured the zed in it's many variants, so far so good, not really a bad word said about it).

Jut about to start reading the fast fleet articles now......

Hi frankyknuckles, I've just been through the same process myself and was looking at the same list of potential cars before choosing the Z, was a tough process (mainly as I'm 6'4" and 17 odd stone and struggle in most cars of this style).

Pleased to say I took delivery of my shiny new MY06 Roadster 2 weeks ago and haven't got the smile off my face yet.

A quick google search will return a ton of short reviews, the main sources I used when comparing models were Parkers http://www.parkers.co.uk/choosing/carreviews/review.aspx?model_id=1331 (sorry roadster review) and 4Car http://www.channel4.com/4car/road-tests/road-test.jsp?id=288 I know these are both fairly middle of the road consumer sites, they do however give a lot of information that can be directly compared with other makes/models and focus more on the day to day aspects of the car

Dull bit out of the way

Buy one and buy one now, fantastic car, great grunt, great looks and oooooh that noise!! :yahoo:

Cheers

Barry

Everyday I drag mself out of bed for the dailly grind to work. The thought of my stoopid PA and my unbearable boss make me wanna jack it all in sometimes. I kiss the Missus goodbye and in my mind I can't wait for the day to hurry up so I can get home to relax. The world seems a glum place at 8:30 in the morning :thumbdown:

But then....................

I open my front door.....................

And this is on my drive...............................

SideGT4-1.jpg

Suddenly everything is now :teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth:

any excuse for another photo:headhurt:

;)

Does your Zed not make you grin?

Oh yes , some days my mouth wont let me smile wide enough :thumbs:

Thats exactly what happens when I open my front door :teeth: I suddenly remember that I only go to work to pay for that bright yellow thing on my drive :thumbs::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

;)

Thats exactly what happens when I open my front door :teeth: I suddenly remember that I only go to work to pay for that bright yellow thing on my drive :thumbs::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

So.... are you going to JAE or not? ;)

;)

If i can get someone with a UY Zed to lend it to me then i'll be there ;)

;)

If i can get someone with a UY Zed to lend it to me then i'll be there ;)

I'm sure you'll find someone B)