What's the roadster like to live with?

mouldie

I'm coming round to the idea of a roadster rather than a coupe. Having never owned a convertible before, I wondered what they are like to live with? Is there increased road noise? Is it comfortable with the roof down at say 70mph? With a 'normal' car, I find having the windows down at 70 uncomfortable. Is the roadster designed with this in mind?

Does the roof 'seal' well to the car i.e. is there any ingress of moisture? Does it tend to steam up if it rains? And how hard wearing is it i.e. does it need replacing every 5 years say?

And finally, has anyone on here owned both and is able to make direct comparisons? Sorry for the barrage of questions, and many thanks in advance for any responses!

Steve

I have often done long drives, 300 mile plus, with the roof down, no problems with noise and the small deflector means that the wind goes over your head.

The roof seals very well and there is no problem with moisture.

Choptop and Chesterfield have owned both I think.

There is a lot of extra storage space in the roadster too if you use the roof space.

Thanks Martin! One more if I may.....

In winter, does it retain the heat with the heater on? (if that makes sense?). someone once told me that they are particularly cold to drive in the winter, and I assumed he meant even with the heater on.

No problems with that either, the heater is more powerful than you will ever need. The roof is pretty good and I have never felt that there is any issue with heat loss.

The one downside, if it bothers you is that there is no bluetoothe in the roadster. Oh, and its a fair bit heavier. I have never had a problem keeping up on runs though ;)

I love my roadster and and if you have'nt owned one before it takes a little getting used to as obviously it is a little noisier with the roof up than a tin top but nothing much really, just different. With the roof down though, if you can imagine how much fun a coupe is to drive the roadster adds another dimension of fun plus the roar of the exhaust is much louder! :teeth:

There are no real issues with the roof as far as i know, its very hard wearing and a good seal, although they can stick when raising if it has'nt been used for a long time i.e in the winter, but a bit of silicon grease on the joints and away you go.

Chris