possible new head unit? - kenwood ddx 5024

mylesmcg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

ok i've taken a look throught that thread but i still can't figure out which leads i need.

i have the bose system and i want to retain the steering wheel controls.

please can someone tell me exactly what i need as i'm a complete n00b at this stuff :blush:

make sure you check you have the pre out on your head unit hooked up thr ight way so the front is front back back etc as they arent marked on the new harness so id advise you fire it up before you start cramming wires and dash back togther. other than youl should be done pretty quick although an extra pair of hands is really use full whenyou got dash Hu etc trying to mate !

ok i got the parts i needed as above and i've tried wiring the whole lot but with no joy. i've got power but no sound. where do the red and white rcas go? and does the 674 loom just plug into the loom that came with the kenwood unit and should it just work?

sorry for being a n00b

The 674 loom should have 4 RCAs - Black Yellow and Red and White.

I can only see the red and white ones in your pic?

B looks like the blue remote turn on wire. On my Pioneer this plugs into a blue wire with a bullet connector on the pioneer cable, but as you have power already maybe it's not required?

The steering wheel control cable is a separate cable - doesnt come with the 674 - you buy it seperately. It has a 3.5mm jack one end and a small white connector on the other end that plugs into the black box on the 674 cable.

If "A" is the car speaker cables (which it looks like) this is spare and doesn;t plug in anywhere as the RCA's provide the signal to the AMP instead.