upgrades/mods

law350

such a good response. definately going to do the plenum and will 'attempt' this myself.

then will exhaust i reckon just for a bit of extra noise.

then i think a re-map could be on the cards after that.....

thanks for all the advice.......

• 1 month later...
I take it the K2 exhaust you speak of is the Japspeed one? Is that good quality?

Piggyback wise could you use destek unichip?

Where for the following aswel ... ?

Motordyne Plenum Spacer

Y-Pipe and Berk Hi Flow Cats

Yeh pretty much the same, not sure on the quality but I am guessing time will tell..

Yes you could, you need a harness though (I have one on mine and no issues thus far!)

Dont understand if the last bit is a question or a statement!! :)

Do you run desktek on yours ... ? What mods do you run with it?

lol Sorry meant where do you get those other mods like the Motordyne Plenum Spacer and Y-Pipe and Berk Hi Flow Cats?

What type of power does yours produce? I was wanting to know roughly what effect a JWT pop charger, K2 system, Y pipe and high flow cats would have on the power figures on a 296bhp model?

Do you run desktek on yours ... ? What mods do you run with it?

lol Sorry meant where do you get those other mods like the Motordyne Plenum Spacer and Y-Pipe and Berk Hi Flow Cats?

What type of power does yours produce? I was wanting to know roughly what effect a JWT pop charger, K2 system, Y pipe and high flow cats would have on the power figures on a 296bhp model?

A few mods... Typhoon / Popcharger intake, plenum and throttle body spacers, fujitsubo exhaust manifolds, kinitex hi flows, 5zignen y-pipe and zorst... running 291 at the moment with the unichip on a 276 model (but I think I was running about 249 on the first dyno stock...)

It depends on your 296 if it is running at that and if your tuner knows the Zed!!! could be 20bhp, could be 5, could be 40!! you can get the parts from Envy performance, OM gaz walker or Chilli red on here for prices...

Thanks mate ... want to go a bit mad on it and get a similar spec to your own.

Do you think the destek made all the difference?

Is your car very loud while sitting in it driving? Like a loud droning sound due to the upgraded exhaust components?

When you buy the JWT unit is it hard to fit and do you need other parts to help fit it?

Yeh, unichip makes a difference as it will extend the parameters of the stock ECU and you can alter AFR etc.. ecu reflashs seem to be getting a little better numbers though and piggybacks like the haltech and the utech seem to have better results for certain timing changes...

Sitting at 3k ish there is a little noise but I have lots of dynamat!! its a good noise though, search for "turn it up" on here and you will see / hear what mine is like and a few others as a comparison. Heard that the k2 can drone and are loud though... Manifolds made mine a little deeper in note though...

pop chager is easy, as is plenum, decats, zorst are a little harder but with the right tools and a bit of a height to work under you will be fine if you cna handle a spanner!