Tyre Sizes...

Adriank

Currently i run 245/35/19 F 275/35/19 R, and the tyres are getting pretty low. They are only about 8 months old, and almost bald on the FRONT!!!! already, rears still have a bit left! Falken FK452 atm.

Am looking at Vreidestein Ultrac Sessantas, but they are really expensive in 275/35/19...

Looking at the size ratios using calculators, i am wondering about the possibility of fitting....

265/30/19 F 295/30/19R these would fit fine on the wheel, but im a tad worried it might catch the rear arch? Anyone tried using tyres of this sort of size before?

Cheers

Adrian

Currently i run 245/35/19 F 275/35/19 R, and the tyres are getting pretty low. They are only about 8 months old, and almost bald on the FRONT!!!! already, rears still have a bit left! Falken FK452 atm.

Am looking at Vreidestein Ultrac Sessantas, but they are really expensive in 275/35/19...

Looking at the size ratios using calculators, i am wondering about the possibility of fitting....

265/30/19 F 295/30/19R these would fit fine on the wheel, but im a tad worried it might catch the rear arch? Anyone tried using tyres of this sort of size before?

Cheers

Adrian

Hi Adrian,

It looks possible so long as you keep the rolling radius within 2.5% :thumbs: But also depends on the tyre design, camber, wheel width and ET(including spacers if installed). For example i went up to 275/35/19/ET +35 rear and 245/35/19/ET +25 front and these came with budget nexen tyres, but since i changed to Michelin PS2 the rear tyres catches on the arch on high speed compresions and i think its down to the square shouldered PS2 design since i changed nothing else :scare: .

You should also bear in mind that you might begin to overwork/heat the steering mechanism with the increased contact patch running such wide tyres and may need to uprate the ATF cooler to a bigger unit.

Finally you might also find the feel a bit leaden and slow but the mechanical grip ++! Ultimately it depends if it's show or go you are after but if its the later then i will bite the bullet and stay 275 or at worse 285 rear and 245 max 255 front ;) You may find some very good high performance tyres with +5mm of thread in Ebay for bargain prices :teeth:

Herewith some calculators( the second site ca;lculates actual inner and outer wheel clearance):

http://www.alloywheels.com/tyrecalc.asp

http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp