Sat Nav DVD Rom swap.

Muttley

Hi all.

Just a quick question about the DVD drive behind the drivers seat. I have a 52reg JDM 350z and want to use the built in Sat-Nav. I have read on here that its possible when you swap the DVD drive with one from a Nissan X-Trail, but my question is, is that the only other nissan DVD drive you can swap it with???? For example, how about a Nissan almera?

Anyone with experience in this, i would greatly appreciate your advice.

Thanks in advance for any response.

Muttley

That'd be brilliant, cheers for that. So you have converted one to work in the UK? How well does it work? Would you recommend doing it?

Muttley

Yes I have, it works exactly the same as the UK Zed's satnav. It's OKAY but doesnt accept postcodes which is a bit crap. You lose all of the TV tuner stuff from the JDM too. Unless you can find one really cheap (they are rare) I'd go for one of nurrish's satnav systems :thumbs:

That'd be brilliant, cheers for that. So you have converted one to work in the UK? How well does it work? Would you recommend doing it?

Muttley

Yes I have, it works exactly the same as the UK Zed's satnav. It's OKAY but doesnt accept postcodes which is a bit crap. You lose all of the TV tuner stuff from the JDM too. Unless you can find one really cheap (they are rare) I'd go for one of nurrish's satnav systems :thumbs:

Not used the bird view system but currently got one of Nurrish's Sat Navs in. Great little piece of kit and he is doing them at a great price. :thumbs: