Occasionally site hangs & produces Page Cannot Be

The only issue I have had the last few weeks is the site seems to hang when trying to load any page (no particular page as it has happened on different ones) and eventually a "Page cannot be displayed" error occurs. It's definitely not my connection as I can carry on browsing other sites at the same time fine. I normally leave it five minutes (carry on browsing other internet sites while I wait) and refresh the page and it's all ok again. Not sure if it's a bandwidth or your web host server capacity issue. Being in the IT field I'd assume it is definitely something to do with the web host's server reaching some kind of capacity limit or similar. Normally all pages load absolutely fine, nice and quickly - it's just on the odd occasion (for example happened twice tonight in the space of a few hours) a page will hang after clicking a link or similar.

Not really an issue for me as I am happy to wait a few minutes before trying again. Thought I'd mention it just to make you aware.

I have notcied this myself, but interestingly not on this site. I have been having problems at work loading some other sites, but this one has always been fine. I'll ge the admin to look into it, but its likely to be your ISP or just the net in general, as I havent seen any probs. It can get slow at times, because we can get very busy.

Next time it happens can you make a note of the date/time and let us know? We can see whats up in the logs and report it to our host if needs be :thumbs:

Sure no probs. I have to say I wouldn't have thought it's my ISP or the internet because I can carry on browsing the rest of the internet and other sites but just not this site (could be too much traffic going through your host's servers if they host lots of other sites.. who knows). I will make a note of when it happens again and post a reply on here. Thanks.

Probably the route to the server is over loaded or something then. I asked a few of the other team members and no one has noted the same behavoir, but we'll look into it. As I said, from work the past few days I've had it on some other sites, but not this one. Think the internet is dying :surrender: That or BM is trying to download it again :lol:

It could be any part of the link or route to the server, a switch or router somewhere. Very often routes are cached at ISP's and should that route/link to the server be broken for whatever reason, it may take a brief moment for an alternative route to be found.

I have not seen any issues myself, but will keep an eye out. :thumbs:

Lol at M13KYF - I'm with Internet Service Providings. Fonejacker is brilliant. Hope they do another series.

Just noticed the same thing happen just now at 11.20am producing a "page cannot be displayed" error - and I finally got back on at 11.26am. The page (if this makes any difference) I was on when the error occurred was:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26019&p=379086#p379086

During 11.20am - 11.27am I couldn't get on to any other page either. I tried to browse to the home page by opening up a new window and typing in the address directly without success - until 11.26/11.27am when the page eventually opened up normally.

Not sure if any of this helps.

Thanks.