1st service

max

hi all

roadster is due its first service,i was thinking of getting them to fit the nismo/sport air fillter, will the dealer do this and if so any idea how much it :help: will it cost for the filtter and full service.

max.

Max,

If it's trhe panel filter it's a doddle. Just open the clips on the air box and take out.

I also advise you to supply your own oil. Fully synthethic. Most on here go Motul 300v or Silkolene Pro S. It will save you a fortune and you get bnetter oil

Guest prescience

Yup good advice there on the oil

www.opieoils.co.uk is where a lot of people go.

PM 'oilman' [simon/Guy] and he'll sort you out. The nice thing is they are now doing a smaller quantity than 5l; the capacity of the change is about 4.7l but always seems to be best to have a littel extra. If the smaller capacity are not shown on their site (its a recent thing) look for oilman's posts :)

hi all

roadster is due its first service,i was thinking of getting them to fit the nismo/sport air fillter, will the dealer do this and if so any idea how much it :help: will it cost for the filtter and full service.

max.

Sports air filter,,,, more of a gimmick mate :dry: wouldn't waste me 50 quid :)

Guest prescience

Absolutely not but if you are concerned stick to the recommended grades in the manual of 5w-30 or 10w-40 I believe.

does using your own choice oil affect warranty?, i know it should n't but if they can find an excuse not to pay out for something they will......

No mate,,, not if the grades equivalent or better ;) and within the manufactures recommendations :)

Also - while you are in the filter box, look for leaves! They seem to make their way in there to wither and die.

Also - if you do have leaves in there, dont try and pick them out by hand - as they are probably the most dry and brittle leaves you have ever seen, and will instantly dissintegrate into lots of small pieces, leaving you with a right mess, and lots of dead foliage just waiting to be sucked up into the engine if not removed properly.

Just remove the air filter and suck out any invading leaves with a hoover or similar.

Yes its certainly a case of do as I say and not as I do.. My hoover was a long way away, and is a heavy bugger - so a wet finger or two it was. (and it took longer than fetching the hoover would have done)

But Ill certainly be following the rule from now on! :teeth:

been to the dealer today no problems in supplying my own oil,does not efect the warranty and would bring the cost of service down to £93 inc vat, as for the air filtter the quote was £87 so will give that a miss.

max.

been to the dealer today no problems in supplying my own oil,does not efect the warranty and would bring the cost of service down to £93 inc vat, as for the air filtter the quote was £87 so will give that a miss.

max.

£87 for an element :scare: get an induction kit max :thumbs:

SPOKE TO GUY, HE RECOMENDS SILKOLENE OR MOTUL BOTH VERY GOOD, MOTUL ONLY COMES IN 2LT BOTTLES SO YOU NEED 3 FOR THE CHANGE SILKOLENE COMES IN 5LT SO YOU NEED 1, MOTUL IS £53 SILKOLENE £37.

MAX.

max.

Bargain :thumbs: