E85 fuel and Z

mic-39

Just an interesting one--Has anyone run their Z on E85 fuel. Maybe not necessarily for ecomony (or green issues) but for performance alone--I was thinking of getting some for a track day

Can the ecu adapt fuelling to cope with this??.....

the octane is circa 100 to 105 ron :yahoo:

I'm looking into doing this but might have to hit it on it's head, the fuel does not seem to hold good standard (in IRELAND) contains some bad substances at the mo... :headhurt: (not official)

the guy supposed to tune it has now said he wants it cleared before moving on... (might never happen), I would also need to upgrade my injectors and fuel pump to cope with the extra fuel needed (counted 45% extra on the standard injector sizes and then my future FI project... so 600cc+) in turn that requires a full fuel return system (thought this yoke had one...but no)

saga goes on... anyway to cut it short I'd need 1k$+ to sort the fueling out and 700€+ for the tune... so it's not going to be very cost effective HP per €

:bounce:

Then again I spent xyz on a SSV Kinetix that's stated it's not going to give me ANY hp... :dance:

Dont know if the standard ECU can adapt, wouldn't think so... worth a shot?

, you can always try it outside an E85 station and only fill her up with 5L of E85 *on an empty tank. The idle for a few minutes and see if it adjusts or dies. < do this on your own risk!

:boat: