Automatic??????????????

alessandro

I'm now been on internet for the last 12 hours no stop looking for Z, so far two sounds interesting, one JDM on here and one UK from pistonhead which would be 10 min from my house 04 54000 miles just under 10k from a dealer but is an automatic.

I've never driven an automatic and it sounds a bit boring specially in a car like a Z ( no offence to the automatic owners ) .

Any thoughts?

Imo, I would not go for the auto, unless it suits your driving or needs, one thing that has been reported on here is, if your planning to mod (stick an aftermarket exhaust on), the auto does not give it its full potential, and some people have said does not sound tha grear. I would go for the manual bud, cant beat it, and the Z is an awesome car to chuck it up and down the gears :thumbs:

the one on here, that you have spotted, i dont no what or who's it is, but at least you will know it will have been looked after, and if a respected member, you should have no worries at all bud :thumbs:

Theres plenty of great advice on here bud, have a good look threw the forum and put it like this, if i ever sold my zed and came back in a few years i would know exactly where to come, some great zed's on here and some great people :thumbs:

Imo, I would not go for the auto, unless it suits your driving or needs, one thing that has been reported on here is, if your planning to mod (stick an aftermarket exhaust on), the auto does not give it its full potential, and some people have said does not sound tha grear. I would go for the manual bud, cant beat it, and the Z is an awesome car to chuck it up and down the gears :thumbs:

the one on here, that you have spotted, i dont no what or who's it is, but at least you will know it will have been looked after, and if a respected member, you should have no worries at all bud :thumbs:

why does an auto not give the exhaust its potetial? better i find out before i buy :scare:

if your planning to mod (stick an aftermarket exhaust on), the auto does not give it its full potential, and some people have said does not sound that great. I would go for the manual bud, cant beat it, and the Z is an awesome car to chuck it up and down the gears :thumbs:

That's not quite true. ;) A couple of guys in the US I know are running about 500 plus horseys at the shoes on tiptronic models, obviously they're not NA and have had less problems a few years or so down the track than others in manuals that went through the same workshop with similar mods.

One of the guys here, his pre-ordered Daytona Blue (Azure to you guys) 2003 he's had since new, is totally stock apart from his Nismo exhaust. It's heavenly when you give it some beans. Driven it on a few occasions.

I've personally driven 17 x 350's (both manual and tiptronic models), been a passenger in 5 manual's. Either is a good choice, as long as the body work, engine, and all the running gear is in good order. Ultimately it depends which you prefer. Take a few for a drive is the best way to decide. :thumbs:

Forgot to add, on all the tiptronic's I've driven bar one, the slushbox is very smooth, and the manual mode is responsive. But same goes for the manual's, largely effected by who's driven the car and how it was treated, and what sort of transmission or gearbox fluid is being run.

I think the tip auto is great. Takes a bit of getting used to but when you do it's alot of fun. I'm planning to get a paddle shift kit soon, then perhaps in the future do the valve body upgrade when I'm feeling a bit more flush. I have a fujitsubo exhaust on my zed and although it's not the loudest it sounds awesome on full throttle plus there is no drone whatsoever on the motorway.

A well specced JDM can be a great bargain. I got mines a few months ago for £11.4k although that was a 52 plate. You would never know though when my private plate is on. The car is immaculate at 17k miles and has every specced option possible plus it came with a nismo V2 spoiler, nismo s-tune suspension and the fujitsubo exhaust, about £3k worth of extras.