Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD & Steering Control Info

whitey

After six weeks of head scratching, swearing and driving around with a third of the dash missing, I have finally got my Pioneer AHV-P4100DVD head unit up and running.

My main problem was that that the steering wheel controls would not work:

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=22923

After sending my 29-674 harness and head unit back to IncarTec twice, it turned out that there was a problem with the printed circuit board and a bug in their software, this was eventually corrected and the steering controls now perform really well, in fact they perform far more functions than I ever thought possible. I would urge anyone who is struggling to get their steering controls working to give IncarTec a call as there may be more faulty harnesses out there!

The head unit is excellent, the sound is brilliant (IMO) even with the standard Bose speakers and amp, the display colour can be altered to match all the other lights in the car perfectly.

Whilst I was at it I also added an Ipod cable, Bluetooth adapter and fitted My Navman S100 into the cubby box.

Heres a few pics and thanks everyone for all your help.

[attachment=2]13a.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=1]14a.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]8a.jpg[/attachment]

i run the Pioneer Avic F500BT in my cubby section and the bluetooth on that is excellent. as long as my phone has bluetooth switched on it automatically logs into the unit within 15 seconds of sitting down. and from there i can access most of the phones functions from the Display. including my address book.

ah sorry i was being ridiculously silly. i completely forgot its not the unit's problem that i'm having but with the iphone! wont remember the connection and no phonebook transfer which completely ruins the whole bluetooth thing for me.

mine is an iphone BT connection to my pioneer F500, works perfect.

what unit are you trying to connect to?

I had the new iPhone 3Gs for a week and it connected ok to the headunit and remembered the connection but Apple will not allow any file transfer via bluetooth so you can't send the contact list to the headunit.

Hence the reason why it went back to 02! Brilliant iPod, useless phone (IMO)!

I had the new iPhone 3Gs for a week and it connected ok to the headunit and remembered the connection but Apple will not allow any file transfer via bluetooth so you can't send the contact list to the headunit.

Hence the reason why it went back to 02! Brilliant iPod, useless phone (IMO)!

i run the iphone 3G and have had no problems connecting it up to the F500BT should be running the same software. i know its the same as the F600 F900's maybe the 4100dvd is a different software?