Vibration Problems

Stez

I'm looking for some technical help before my car goes in on Friday for a P2 service, (forearmed is forewarned). I seem to have developed a vibration through the steering wheel. It appears at speeds over 60mph but not through the acceleration but after I lift off the accelerator pedal as I set my speed or if I have decelerate due to slower traffic, but always after acceleration. Any ideas? Any help would be very much appreciated as I don't want to get ripped off for unnecessary work and parts.

:doh: I forgot to mention that I have had allfour wheels checked and rebalanced where necessary.

Me too and i went back a day later and they were 15g and 5g off left and right!!!! ;):lol:

Yip, I've had that happen too, when a normally excellent shop had a new muppet who didn't know what he was doing.

Have it checked again. Also an off alignment can throw vibration too. By the way what are the tyres like, even wear?? Nothing wedged into the tread, like a big stone, even something silly like that can upset the balance, some tyres are worse than others for that.

I have had my tyres checked again, didn't get as far balancing as both inside edges were found to be quite well worn. (still legal though). Looks like the tracking is out. I 'll get that done at the same time as the P2 as the tyre place can't get my car on its ramp :rolleyes: At least it is nothing major, just some new tyres in the future.