Tapping/clicking noise under hard acceleration

andyvvc

This has been annoying me since i bought the car back in Jan 08 ! :lol: Basically, about one in five times when i accelerate hard in 3rd or 4th, i can hear a light tapping/clicking noise from behind the facia of the dash, or maybe in the engine bay of the car. Its almost as if something is loose and tapping under vibration...

I can't believe this is a tappit lifter/cambucket issue. The engine sounds sweet as a nut at idle, and the noise under acceleration when it does happen isn't loud - its barely audible inside the car and not at all outside. (Drive by tests with mates on footpath listening)

I have located Tech bulletin NTB06-042 which suggests the fuel damper hose could be a culprit (albeit the TSB states this noise occurs at idle).

The car is in for an oil and filter change next week - i might as well get the lads at Nissan to have a triple check under the bonnet. Any ideas what it might be? I seem to recall someone having an issue similar to this, and the fix was to get the aircon re-circ flushed out (or something like that?). I'll be damned if i can find the post though. I'll also be damned if i can find the source of this tapping noise :)

Any thoughts appreciated

Car is a 2003 GT Spec UK model.