Non-sleeved VQ35DE

Septic

Hey guys. I just wanted to ask a possibly noobish question about the VQ35DE. Featured in this month's Banzai issue is an Infinity sporting over 900bhp and the feature specifically mentions the fact that the VQ engine is non-sleeved. I was just wondering what that meant.

Cheers for the help

Gaz

A sleeved block mate has the stock nissan cylinder wall machined out and a steel liner "sleeve" inserted. A company called Darton. Running high BHP normally means running high boost pressure. A sleeved block can take alot more boost pressure than the stock item but most sleeved engines run into cooling problems due to the reduced cooling around the cylinder walls.

The stock sleeves will take not far off 1000WHP where as a few years ago people thought is would only hold 600Whp and the stock sleeves would fail.

A sleeved block mate has the stock nissan cylinder wall machined out and a steel liner "sleeve" inserted. A company called Darton. Running high BHP normally means running high boost pressure. A sleeved block can take alot more boost pressure than the stock item but most sleeved engines run into cooling problems due to the reduced cooling around the cylinder walls.

The stock sleeves will take not far off 1000WHP where as a few years ago people thought is would only hold 600Whp and the stock sleeves would fail.

Ah thanks a lot for that. Appreciate it.

Also in this months banzai, a picture of me, and many several other club members on pg 131

Oh yeah I didn't notice that until you pointed it out. Which one are you?