Random-Orbit Polisher

Bluffy

knew someone that took most of the paint off their bonnet by pressing toooo hard :scare: it was on a very old clapped out shed of a vw golf but still :scare:

some small foam applicators and use elbow grease instead :teeth:

can only recommend Meguiars NXT wax and microfibre cloths and some elbow grease. It's my version of the gym :blush:

EHave to agree, just elbow grease for me too, just think Karate Kid "Wax on, Wax off!"

Nothing like working up a sweat while soaping that curvey body up, then slowly running some soft leather against her smooth skin, then rubbing her down with some lube and clay before finshing off with a good buffing with lots of wax!

Andy (aka Mr. Sheen)

Well decided to invest it a Meguiars pack, containing NXT wax, shampoo, window cleaner, and a wash mit, also picked up a bottle of Meguiars wheel cleaner. decided not to bother with Random-Orbit Polisher, quite glad coz the NXT stuff is easy.

Quite pleased with the Meguiars NXT wax. Previously used Mer and autoglym... no residue with this stuff what so ever. :thumbs:

In fact its that easy I have polished it twice in one weekend :D

knew someone that took most of the paint off their bonnet by pressing toooo hard :scare: it was on a very old clapped out shed of a vw golf but still :scare:

some small foam applicators and use elbow grease instead :teeth:

Your probably thinking of a rotary polisher, not random orbit polisher. It's near on impossible to cause damage with a 7424.

Michael, I highly recommend checking out the links Blacky has added to the thread. I too was concerned until I did my homework. The results you can get with a PorterCable will be so much better than anything possible by hand.

When you progress from Meguiars NXT, I recommend Poorboys range, or something that'll last longer. :thumbs:

Just been reading up on these 7424 thingymajigs....

The results that can be acheived look bloomin amazing!

I would still be worried about using what effectively is a grinder with a fluffy foam head on the car though :scare:

But just look at this that I found on a site with instructions etc for a 7424...

after4.jpg

Have a look at this site/guide..

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/inf-port ... isher.html

it looks good, but Im still dubious about a foam headed grinder.

God forbit you miss one piece of grit or a grain of sand during washing, then proceed to buff over it at 2500rpm.... :scare:

If you follow the guide properly, you'll be claying the car before polishing anyway, so this won't happen ;)

All the random orbital polisher is doing is replicating the hand motion of polishing, so you could quite easily do the same damage by hand - if your a klutz!

Guest prescience

I'm sure its one of those things that once you try, you gain confidence and it looks like the results are fantastic. Gonna look into this and do some research :D

Just been reading up on these 7424 thingymajigs....

The results that can be acheived look bloomin amazing!

I would still be worried about using what effectively is a grinder with a fluffy foam head on the car though :scare:

But just look at this that I found on a site with instructions etc for a 7424...

after4.jpg

Bloody Hell B)

in the space of a day, I have completely changed my mind... ordered a porter cable this afternoon. Will be testing it on my P reg Saxo before I let loose on the Z. I shall post pics and let U all know the outcome