Intermittant Air Con

phatbloke74

Has anyone suffered with their Air Con fan intermittantly cutting out? Mine developed this fault yesterday and I discovered today that it seems to cut out when I touch the knob - ie, the air con light flickers, fan cuts out then comes back.

It seems as though the switch has got a dodgy connection but I was wondering if anyone else has suffered with this and knows it to be something else?

I had a new stereo fitted a couple of weeks ago, could they have tampered with one of those cables?

I had a search for this but couldn't find any advise but sorry if it has been discussed before :bangin:

Cheers

:thumbs:

There is a flimsy ribbon cable which connect the switches to the Air Con control unit underneath where the stereo is fitted, so it might be something simple like it's came a bit loose or perhaps they have jammed it under the new stereo and it's broke the ribbon.

The panel the switches are connected to just pulls off very easily to get access to the ribbon and control unit so you can easily check it.

There is a flimsy ribbon cable which connect the switches to the Air Con control unit underneath where the stereo is fitted, so it might be something simple like it's came a bit loose or perhaps they have jammed it under the new stereo and it's broke the ribbon.

The panel the switches are connected to just pulls off very easily to get access to the ribbon and control unit so you can easily check it.

I've found a guide to getting that part of the dash off although it's just a case of giving it a tugg (ooer!). I'll give that a go tomorrow and then I'll have a play with the ribbon cable.

Hi Mate,

Had a similar issue :rant: when the system has been fitted the plug behind the switch\plug has not been placed back correctly, the plug has a thin plastic like wire that is about 1 1/2 inches wide that has coppers wires running through it, if it has a crease in it can cause this!!

I hope that makes sense. :wacko: