no radio signal since changing h/u to after market

buster

help guys please......as above.thought i was ok at doing these sort of jobs.fitted loads of radios before but this has me stumped.cd works and have sound,bluetooth works and have sound but no radio.changed the antenna from stubby back to standard still no sound.aerial lead plugged into back of unit ok,,,,and guess what.......still no :bang:

there a slight singal there if your turn the hell out of the vol but only radio one,its got all the right channels etc.

one of my mate said something about a radio antenna amp.wtf is he on about.

is it possible i have missed a power up wire.....read something about a green and white wire being the feed to this antenna amp?.can i just take a ign live wire to feed it power....does it sound like this could be my problem?

How have you wired it? Is it a hack'n'slash job or have you got an adaptor?

hack'n'slash With the use of iso connector? in other words pluged to main loom plugs attached to stereo loom. :headhurt:

rca leads used to speakering and red yellow black and amp pre out blue connected from h/u to plug.

i ve missed something havent i..?

Are you getting static?

My mate bought a stereo off eBay once and it turned out to be a USA headunit, and therefore it wouldnt receive any of our frequencies!

Not true mate, they do work but on a shorter wave band and the frequencies have different increments to ours, you just cant receive some stations, majority are ok :thumbs:

i thought it would be the amp :thumbs: