4 wheels to 2 wheels..

bengazzard

Guys,

Thinking of making the transition from 4 to 2 wheels.. Anyone out there with any experience of this?

As far as I know, I'll have to take the CBT, then theory and some other tests on top.

Thanks in advance for any advice, oh.. I'll be keeping the Z too hopefully!! :D

Cheers,

Ben

Not from 4 to 2 wheels, i did it from 2 to 4. Past my motorbike test in 82, passed my test for car in 84, last rode a motorbike at least 10 years ago, i think that current would :scare: the life out of me. Would love to try though, and to think i could ride the most powerful of bikes going. :teeth:

It's always been a dream of mine to ride a proper motorbike but knowing my luck it would turn into a nightmare.... Last time I was on Motor X I ended up breaking a lads leg!!! Don't mean to put a downer on it, it's just I'd advise sticking to 4 - there much safer.....

Guys,

Thinking of making the transition from 4 to 2 wheels.. Anyone out there with any experience of this?

As far as I know, I'll have to take the CBT, then theory and some other tests on top.

Thanks in advance for any advice, oh.. I'll be keeping the Z too hopefully!! :D

Cheers,

Ben

book into your local M/c training school, they will sort it out for you.. Not cheap though generally cost £4-500 to get through with training.., can take as little time as a week !! :scare:

no personal expeience myself as when I took my test it was a couple of laps round the townhall on a Yam 250 and they let me loose, cost about £3.50 I think in 1974 :teeth:

Just thinking as Im working in London that Ill be able to commute a little better on a bike than a car, trains and tubes really hack me off..!

Also Ill get my speed fix in the week rather than only weekends..

We'll see after the CBT.. Probably :scare: myself sh*tless! :):lol:

Saying that yea it is more dangerous.. Most of my mates that have sportsbikes get into accidents fairly regularly.. :wacko:

I've actually just got rid of my fourth bike.

Has a Kawasaki ZX-6r (sportsbike) straight after passing my test 6 years ago. Loved that but ended up going everywhere at 140mph!

Ended up getting highsided at 80mph going around a double apex corner, flew through the air and landed on my sternum on a dry stone wall! :scare: Anyway, some how walked away with just very bad bruising, didn't break anything (somehow) and repaired the bike on the credit card. 4 days later was doing Oulton Park trackday with a very black chest :wacko:

So tried to be sensible and have my kicks at a lower speed so bought a KTM supermoto (625cc single cylinder) and ended up sliding the back end into every corner, and trying to wheelie and stoppie everywhere! :D

Then decided that wasn't fast enough so got a Husaberg 650cc race supermoto (was rare then as at the time there wasn't many on the road) that was just the most fun (on the right road, nothing could touch you up to about a ton). Again was just madness on the road, couldn't help but ride it like a hooligan.

Last bike was an Aprilia Tuono 1000cc V-Twin. Very nice bike....... ended up just not using it enough as a most of my biking mates had moved away. You just end up going routes you know on your own rather than "exploring" when there's a group of ya. Just got rid of that in April when I bought the Zed to get some kicks on 4 wheels.....

Bottom line, biking ain't that dangerous as long as you ain't a complete muppet and ride within YOUR limits. BUT you have to constantly and I mean constantly expect everyone in a car, bus, truck or tractor to try to knock you off. Guess London would be one of the worst places to expect this.....

That couple with the speed that you can quite easily end up going everywhere, what will all the cameras you just can't have as much fun now.....

But that said, I'd recommend any petrol head to at least do their training and try to pass their test. Its one of those things that you will either love or hate but you can't beat the feeling!

@*!#, I'm missing my bike now..... :(:cry:

I'll post up some pics if you interested.....

Post your pics, Mark. I'd certainly be interested in seeing the Aprilia. :D

Wouldn't get me on one of those death traps, though.... :p

Here you go Digsy. Haven't got all pics on this laptop so will post the rest later :-

£27.50 an hour........... a full bike trainin course is £5595 all in........... start to finish

Bloody ell..... no disrespect Stuey but that sounds extorniate compared with what I paid to do direct access etc?

No where near that amount..... not even the same country, continent.... universe :blush:

£27.50 an hour........... a full bike trainin course is £5595 all in........... start to finish

Bloody ell..... no disrespect Stuey but that sounds extorniate compared with what I paid to do direct access etc?

No where near that amount..... not even the same country, continent.... universe :blush:

Equivalent to 200hrs worth of lessons :blush: Nobody can be that bad :headhurt: