Passenger Side Mirror - Help!

DiggZ

Some little scrote decided it would be a good idea to kick the wing mirror off my car in the middle of the night. Police are now involved as it seems theyve gone on a little vandalism spree around the estate :rant:

Anyway, the mirror itself is intact but the black plastic connection casing to the door has been snapped, so its now hanging loose by the cable. Now I need to disconnect the mirror until I can get this sorted so I can drive. Ive taken the screws out but cant get into the mirror itself, dont want to force it open so I presume there is a plugged connection which I can disconnect somewhere inside the door panel?

Cheers

Chris

Did a search earlier and the going price seems to be around £400 from Nissan.

Im absolutely steaming, whats the point? They caught one of the lads apparently so will be interesting to see what happens, Ill still need to pay to get it sorted though or go through insurance

Theres a blue wing mirror on ebay which looks like the mount is attached, so maybe theres a way round it.