Speedo position...Can I switch it???

AK47

Hi guys, I'm looking for some info...

When I drive I tend to hold the wheel with my right hand , changing gears with left...just as we all do!!! The thing is, it really annoys me that the speedo is blocked from view by my right hand, my other car has speedo on the left which is excellent.

Question (finally) Can the speedo be taken out and switched with the other dial on the left with temp etc? If so has anyone done it? Any tips?

Am I just being anal??? It's just a tiny irk in otherwise delightful motoring...

Many thanks!

Hi guys, I'm looking for some info...

When I drive I tend to hold the wheel with my right hand , changing gears with left...just as we all do!!! The thing is, it really annoys me that the speedo is blocked from view by my right hand, my other car has speedo on the left which is excellent.

Question (finally) Can the speedo be taken out and switched with the other dial on the left with temp etc? If so has anyone done it? Any tips?

Am I just being anal??? It's just a tiny irk in otherwise delightful motoring...

Many thanks!

:scare:

Dont do it!!

Guest prescience

I suggest an alternative of cutting off your right hand and replacing it with a transparent prosthetic - job done :)

I suggest an alternative of cutting off your right hand and replacing it with a transparent prosthetic - job done :)

He He , probably easier than swopping the clocks round.. :scare:

nothings impossible but if youve ever had the back off one of these speedo,s you,ll know why its probably easier to do as prescience says :blush:

Well it would appear that it's not as simple as I thought. I guess I'll just have to stick with the digital readout... It's just a balls when accelerating through the gears and you have to watch the speed limits etc. Oh well.

Crikey - and I though I had an ambitious plan to retro fit the stereo controls to the steering wheel!

Perhaps it may be worth seeing if you can get your hands on a speedo from a Z in a scrap yard (if you can find one), and assessing whether the switch is possible first? Then you would want to get your hands on a service manual complete with instructions on removing the pod.

But I doubt it will have instructions on disassembling the actual unit itself.

You are a brave chap if you take it on!