Car Blower

clarkie34

On a cautionary note we have tried a quite powerful blower and it can kick up an awful lot of dust as you use it - ok if you are detailing in a very clean environment but problematical on the average drive/roadway.

We settled for a small Silverline blower and just use it for egg crate grills, shuts and dribbly mirror pods.

Even using this we are very careful not to kick dust up esp' as its use often preceeds a wax application.

Totally agree Nick. :thumbs: One should be careful whilst using a leaf blower in that situation. Also goes for when using a water blaster/foaming wand too.

I'm with bronzee the Stihl leaf blower works a treat mind not cheap but i dint buy it ;-)! I find it most useful for the mirrors and wheels especially the wheel nuts

Definitely around the wing mirrors & wheels studs carefully, also around the lights too. They tend to trap quite a bit of water.

Stihl equipment isn't cheap, but it's quality and lasts for years.

So is anyone actually using dryer we were initially discussing?

On a cautionary note we have tried a quite powerful blower and it can kick up an awful lot of dust as you use it - ok if you are detailing in a very clean environment but problematical on the average drive/roadway.

We settled for a small Silverline blower and just use it for egg crate grills, shuts and dribbly mirror pods.

Even using this we are very careful not to kick dust up esp' as its use often preceeds a wax application.

Totally agree Nick. :thumbs: One should be careful whilst using a leaf blower in that situation. Also goes for when using a water blaster/foaming wand too.

I'm with bronzee the Stihl leaf blower works a treat mind not cheap but i dint buy it ;-)! I find it most useful for the mirrors and wheels especially the wheel nuts

Definitely around the wing mirrors & wheels studs carefully, also around the lights too. They tend to trap quite a bit of water.

Stihl equipment isn't cheap, but it's quality and lasts for years.

So is anyone actually using dryer we were initially discussing?