Carbon Black BMW M3 Swissvax detailing

Race Valeting

Today I had booked in a 2004 Carbon Black BMW M3, the car suffered from the usual swirls and rds and also a nice bodyshop repair with lots of scratching under the clear.

I wanted the car for 2 days so I could take a bit more time as the usual hard BMW paintwork, but unfortunatly the owner couldn't spare the car as it was needed tomorrow so I had to work some magic in 1 day.

I arrived there this morning at 7:30 to be greated by a nice looking pretty clean car and some lovely dark grey clouds :doublesho

DSC_0706.jpg

DSC_0707.jpg

DSC_0708.jpg

DSC_0709.jpg

DSC_0710.jpg

DSC_0711.jpg

Firsty the wheels were soaked with some Bilberry and the tyres/arches with megs suger de-greaser, this was left for a few mins and then agitated with a selection of brushes and then rinsed.

Next up was some citrus degreaser applied to the lowers and left for a few mins then rinsed.

Next up apc applied to grill, badges handles etc and agitated with my swissvax style brushes then rinsed, the car was then foamed using a g101 mix to help strip any previous protection this was left to dwell for a few mins and then rinsed.

The car was then washed using some Zaino shampoo and a z sponge this was all done during a brief down poor glad I packed the waterproofs this morning....

The car was clayed using zaino clay

Before:

DSC_0712.jpg

after: (it was pretty clean and not much contamination)

DSC_0713.jpg

Next up another quick wash and then dry using miracle drying towel.

Then time to start machining, out came the Makita and a elite car care cutting pad and some menz ip and menz ff as today was a single stage correction due to the time.

Befores:

DSC_0714.jpg

DSC_0717.jpg

DSC_0720.jpg

DSC_0721.jpg

DSC_0723.jpg

DSC_0724.jpg

DSC_0727.jpg

DSC_0729.jpg

DSC_0730.jpg

DSC_0731.jpg

DSC_0733.jpg

I didn't have time to take any pics during as It kept raining so was ducking in and out of the rain.

Once all the polishing was finished the car was given a rinse off to remove the excess dust etc, then dried again using the miracle.

The car was then given a IPA wipedown and then out with the swissvax best of show, this was applied to the whole car via a LC soft applicator pad, the wax was left to cure while I dressed the tyres with megs endurance and the exhausts were polished using megs nxt. the exterior plastics and wheels were sealed using zaino clear seal.

Then last theing was to buffed of the BOS and admire the finish, pretty It was so cloudy and couldn't get any decent after sun pics, but the owner who was delighted is going to email me some across when he gets chance to get some.

Time to enjoy the afters as I started to rain again:

DSC_0739.jpg

DSC_0740.jpg

DSC_0741.jpg

DSC_0742.jpg

DSC_0743.jpg

DSC_0744.jpg

DSC_0745.jpg

DSC_0749.jpg

DSC_0750.jpg

DSC_0751.jpg

a few brinkmann shots as a lack of sun:

DSC_0752.jpg

DSC_0753-1.jpg

DSC_0754.jpg

DSC_0755-1.jpg

DSC_0756-1.jpg

and finally some arty shots:

DSC_0757-1.jpg

DSC_0758-1.jpg

DSC_0759-1.jpg

DSC_0748.jpg

Left there at just gone 7 so in total 11.5hrs start to finish which is pretty good going by any standards due to the hard paint.

Thanks to Andy if your reading and hoping be doing the wifes black Leon Cupra r sometime soon.

Thanks for reading all comments welcome as usual.

Paul

That looks like a nice job Paul.

Not tried the Zaino clay - how's it compare to Swissvax Paint Rubber?

Its not too bad actually, I tend to use the sonus quite abit both the green/grey but am pretty short so been using my zaino.

The swissvax paint rubber is similar to the polyclay is it not???

Paul

Its not too bad actually, I tend to use the sonus quite abit both the green/grey but am pretty short so been using my zaino.

Paul

I think it is identicle - i currently use yellow poly + acouple of Sonus and some Gloss-it purple. Not tried Zaino though.

Paul

I think it is identicle - i currently use yellow poly + acouple of Sonus and some Gloss-it purple. Not tried Zaino though.