Urgent help needed!

chrisjones6699

For those of you who dont know what troubles i've had with my 350Z, basically, bad noises coming from the front. I took it back, was told that it was un-even tires, they changed them.....noises still there. took it to a different dealer with the issues, found a lose panel under the engine and they have now taken the gear box out and there is a problem with that! I've had my zed for 23 days and its spent 13 of those in the garage!

Im sick and tired of this and im being told that this problem could take weeks to resolve because theres a conflict between the dealers to who's going to pay for the work!

I need to know my rights with regards to handing it back and getting my money back!?

Please advise

So the warranty isnt covered by all Nissan dealers?

Nissan's 3 year warranty (UK cars only) for 04 ZED will have expired, unless you are fortunate enough to bought their (expensive) extended 2 year one and may be just inside the time limit? I guess you have an 'aftermarket' version, in which case you ought to go back to the dealer who sold you the car ;)

I have a two year warranty from Nissan.

In which case get in touch with Nissan GB:

Call the Customer Service team on

- 01923 899334

Alternatively contact by E-mail

gb@nissan-services.eu

Or by post

The Customer Service Team

The Rivers Office Park

Maple cross

Rickmansworth

WD39YS

Hertfordshire

UK

:)

No not at all. If they are going to do that then fair do's and good on NMGB for stepping in.... But on used cars out of wtee, NMGB have very little power over the dealers, after all they are not the same company!

Did the dealer that has it now talk to the dealer you bought it from? I take it they are both Nissan Main Dealers?

Fingers crossed you sort it out to what suits you. Have the dealers you bought it from got another 350z of the same value / year? Perhaps a swap?

BTW did you buy the car outright? Or is it on HP?

No not at all. If they are going to do that then fair do's and good on NMGB for stepping in.... But on used cars out of wtee, NMGB have very little power over the dealers, after all they are not the same company!

Did the dealer that has it now talk to the dealer you bought it from? I take it they are both Nissan Main Dealers?

Fingers crossed you sort it out to what suits you. Have the dealers you bought it from got another 350z of the same value / year? Perhaps a swap?

BTW did you buy the car outright? Or is it on HP?

Bought it outright :( i think it would be a much easier situation if it was on HP!

Yeah, they have talked to each other but apparently they are bull sh@tting each other. Derby told ilkeston (yeah nissan main dealers) that they havent fixed a lose panel....they did fix it! and theres this "who's gonna pay for the work" thing going on!

The garage that i bought it from have no other Zed, BUT derby has an 07 plate GT with 4k on the clock for 18k im very tempted to get my money back and put it towards this one! :S

I had a little issue with mine to start with... not on the same scale as yours though!...

Yeh the "who will pay issue" will be there, basically the dealers that have it now should have had asked you more questions and basically told you to take it up with the dealer you bought it from..

• 4 weeks later...

The saga continues!

Had my Zed back last Tuesday (after 3 and a half weeks at derby Nissan) and where it was making the slight scrapping noise in 2nd at low revs, its now making a loud scrapping noise in 1st, 2nd, 3rd and reverse!!!! They claimed to have replaced some bearings!! Also, when i start the engine up, it revs to about 1.5k then drops right down to a stall!! :bang:

Can anyone tell me if when you turn the engine off, it rattles? :bang:

take the car immediately back. Did they test drive the car once they carried out the work. If they had then they would of spotted that something is wrong. Very poor

+1

That sounds normal. :)

I was told that it would take 400miles to break in the new parts. I done just that, drove it 400 miles and it just got worse. I took it to Cardiff Nissan (legends) and told them the whole story and they said that the best thing that could happen is the gear box blow up and then they would have to install a new gear box!

I seriously don't know why I'm putting up with all this bullsh1t!? I'm not sure if i feel that this hassle will be worth it when it finally gets sorted? They have one last chance to put things right, otherwise I'm getting my money back and Cardiff Nissan will be looking for my new Zed!

take the car immediately back. Did they test drive the car once they carried out the work. If they had then they would of spotted that something is wrong. Very poor

+1

That sounds normal. :)

Christ, at least one thing is normal on my car! :S

I would want it in writing that if it doesn't improve after 400 miles then all work is carried out for free to repair it. Also this doesn't negate that the is car stalling after starting her up. This is still needs to addressed now and nothing to do with a run in period.

Also are all gearboxes run in for 400 miles when fitted at factory? Doubt it

I went to the Cardiff dealer, got some good advice from them. It is going back either today or tomorrow to get sorted. Its as simple as this, either a new gear box or my money back. I've been told by Cardiff that i have a very good case for trading standards! I bought my Zed on the 2nd of June and I've only been able to drive it for 17 days since! all the days i have been able to drive it, there's been these issues (Nissan were informed instantly)! New gearbox please! :rant: