Road Wars: 350z

Anubis

Not sure if this is the right section to post (mods, please move if not).

I saw an episode of Road Wars today (the kind of program you only watch when totally bored out of your brain), however the usual annoying scouse guy says "copper Roy and PC Richards are following a surprising vehicle..." and the video shows them following a red Ferrari 360 down a busy road with it keeping itself in low revs whilst in traffic (hence making lots of noise).

The police chaps were chatting away on film bantering about how great and fast the ferrari is, etc, etc and suddenly it pulls up against a silver 350z. On comes the annoying scouse man again; "however, this Nissan driver feels he is being put to shame so he puts 'is foot down after turning right at the roundabout...".

The ferrari continued straight on, the zed turned right at the round about (after having literally nothing to do with the Ferrari), but went fast since it was a totally clear and straight road - nothing dangerous, he was just moving rapidly and slowed down after about 75m down the road (we all do it regardless). Encore the scouse narrator again "...but PC Richards has none of it and pulls the Nissan driver over to show 'im hoose boss..." (hence blue flashing lights, etc, etc).

The next bit totally stunned me; the copper got out his car, opened the zed and spoke to the driver and asked him how fast he went versus the road limit (little harsh since no one was about, however in the eyes of plod this was breaking the law for 5 seconds). After concluding he went around 45mph on a 30mph road he then said in a sarcastic way to the zed driver "just 'cos theres a much better and faster car than your poxy Nissan and the Ferrari dented your pride, doesn't mean you can go and prove a point now does it mate?". He just gave him a verbal, saying keep speed down, etc - fair enough.

However, when got back into the car he starts ranting on about how he told him whats what etc etc. The point I am stunned about is why some Police do this? They complain about having to keep stopping silly incidents and could be getting on with their job "sorting proper criminals out", but they obviously wanted an ego boost and throw some power around to show them they are boss. The poor zed driver cooperated fully and only went fast for about 5 seconds in a straight line on an empty road - it really annoys me that some coppers like going on these random ego "im the law your not" trips. I'm 100% sure if the Ferrari done it they'd be like "ahhh, listen to that its amazing" (unless he really went crazy speed).

I just felt really sorry for the zed driver - he clearly wasnt showing off or doing anything dangerous and clearly slowed down later on down the road. Has anyone from here had a similar situation with plod? :wacko::headhurt:

I have to agree that its often not what they say put how they word it that bugs me. The police in Wales were very good but their good work is often ruined by the arrogant manner in which some traffic police behave.

I live in the country and the local police know my car, they are pretty good and are well aware that I can beat them to 70 on the local dual carriageways. Above that the road is theirs ;)