So ive been busy (not in a good way)

spr1ngy

So....

I've been quiet on here for a while, as some of you know a work for Lola Cars and the last 7 weeks have been manic, we a proposed F1 bid, 2 LMP races and of course Lemans, i've worked my balls off.

Now unfortunately with 10 companies going on for only 3 avaliable F1 licences chances were always slim, USF1 were always going to get a slot and with Dallara backing another entrant it was in essence 8 companies battling it out for the last spot. It turns out this was given to Manor, an F3 team, Now without getting too political, Nick Wurth, who is an integral part of Manor happens to be the Son-in-Law of Max Moseley........... So to say it may have been an unfair race is plausable.

Whats worse than all this is my car has been taking a hammering, long drives every day, out to customers and back, with no cool down time and no warm up time, muddy feet, and no wash for 6 weeks! inside or out. To say it needed some TLC is an understatment.

So yesterday evening, now things are starting to calm down at work post-lemans, i was able to wash and clean the car during overcast weather (much better for cleaning a Kuro as hot sun means the black bakes on the water/shampooo before i rinse it off) i gave the car some love.

Incidentely, i used a clay bar for the first time also, a liquid version from turtlewax followed up with the high shine wax (freebies from work). I feel so much better about myself now the car is clean lol !! heres a quick pic.

Good news also, if one of the 5 FOTA teams that submitted "contitonal entries" into F1 next season decide to pull out, we still might have a chance to get in, and i can fly round the world getting a lovely tan.

Heres a quick pic of the car.

IMG_0287.jpg

unlucky on the f1 bid, will lola keep trying to get into the sport from now on?

Unfortunately not, its just not cost-effective for us to carry on the F1 car, builing a model, wind-tunnel testing, building the test car, track testing and so on with the FIA only saying theres a "chance" for 2011 and the future.

Hi Springy.

sorry you didn't get back into F1, I worked at Lola in the late 80's when we made an F1 based on F3000 and then a bespoke car for Larrouse. We also made a le mans car for Nissan in 89-90

What do you do there? I used to run the CAD system in the days when Norman was just starting in the DO.

Well with all the shenanigans going on in teh world of F1 at the moment, i.e. the FOTA teams setting up their own championship etc there may be lots of spaces next season!

Car looks good mate, and so does that avatar :bananahump: