ICE in 08 Cubby

After 3 weeks of head scratching and pulling my new Z apart, finally the CarPc is up and running.

The biggest issue was that there was no way that my 7" LinITX Translucent display was going to fit in the existing "sticking out lid" cubby.

As I did not want to mutilate either the display or the cubby, I made a replacement cubby out of Fibreglass printed circuit board.

A lot of measuring/cutting/filling and soldering was involved, but the end result has been worth it.

The PC which is a bundled system from LinITX is housed in the rear cubby, fitted on shock mounts onto an MDF board covered in material.

IMG_1499.jpg

IMG_1486.jpg

IMG_1502.jpg

I took lots of photos during the process if anyone is interested.

Cheers

Stewart

You must have been looking at my credit card statement !

With all the bits and pieces it came in just shy of £700.

Presently have 256Mb of RAM, and although everything runs fine I may increase that in the future.

Yes, the WiFi connects to my home network for file transfer etc, but also using TightVNC I can control the CarPC from inside the house.

However, I have to turn the volume up a bit to hear the music .... :teeth:

Stewart

You must have been looking at my credit card statement !

With all the bits and pieces it came in just shy of £700.

Presently have 256Mb of RAM, and although everything runs fine I may increase that in the future.

Yes, the WiFi connects to my home network for file transfer etc, but also using TightVNC I can control the CarPC from inside the house.

However, I have to turn the volume up a bit to hear the music .... :teeth:

Stewart

You remember when Mr Kangaforwatatoowee phoned you about the ugandan dollars...

Nice one mate, a fine solution... Hope I get to see it at a meet one day... If you got a long VGA or RGB cable we could try and link it to my kenwood KOS box and see how it looks on my top screen!! Like the idea of transfering remotly!!