Misfire

DiggZ

Hi guys, been suffering from this problem intermittently for a while now. Basically I am getting a misfire fault on the engine, the code which has been coming up has been P0304 on cylinder 4, until this week a P0300 random misfire code popped up.

Been searching and reading a few of the other threads with interest and it seems to come down to a few possibilities, wondering which order I should be checking these if anyone has any views:

- O2 sensor

- Coil Pack

- Fuel injectors

Also would cleaning out the throttle body help? I ask this as it is sometimes taking a while to get the car started from turning the engine over. Other than this the car seems to drive fine with no obvious issues or power loss.

Cheers

O2 sensor is irrelevant, it sits after the engine so nothing to worry about there. Could be a dodgy coil pack or sticky injector, swap them on cylinder 4 with cylinder 1 one at a time to see if the misfire moves, will tell you if it's the pack or the injector or neither!

Cheers, will get it into the garage and try swapping the coil packs and injectors round. How easy is it to do this?

Mileage is coming up to 68k so is due a full service soon but I replaced the plugs around 10k ago

I had the same problem mate and it was the o2 sensor on bank 2 :)

Took me ages to find the problem but once i found that bank 2 was running lean i changed the 02 sensors round and the other side went lean :)

There are 4 sensors on the car. 2 pre cat which are widebands ( it a uk car) and 2 after the cat that dont really do anything bar check the cat's condition.

I was only ever getting p0300 random misfire.

I even changed my injectors for a set that where fresh out the flow bench. Easy job but it didnt slove my problem.

Coil packs normally die and then don't come back.

Cheers, have read through the thread and I have been getting the P0304 code with misfire on cylinder 4, but this week had a P0300 random misfire come up.

Think I will start with swapping the coil packs/injectors round and seeing if the fault moves to another cylinder, then move onto O2 sensors if it comes up P0300 again.