Tiptronic change down from 3rd to 2nd to 1st.

Andrew

Hi folks, when i have my tiptronic in manual mode and it moves itself down to 1st gear (from 3rd say), it seems to be a little bit 'sticky'. It's hard to describe but it just doesn't feel quite as smooth as i expected.

When it moves down to 1st while braking it just makes the faintest sound and the faintest 'jump' down. A bit surprising. It doesn't happen all the time. It;s very faint and hard to describe.

When i apply the accelerator while down changing, it seems to be ok. If i take my foot off the gas and just use the brake, the down change to low gears isn't perfect. There is the faintest noise and tiny 'shudder' - 'shudder' being too trong a word really.

Has anyone experienced this at all/anything similar? I had an FTO Tiptronic previously and while not in the same league in reality the Tiptronic down change was like silk for all gears - i'm surprised the 350 doesn't seem to be quite as smooth going down from say 2nd to 1st.

I have noticed it happening ever so slightly from 3rd to 2nd also. Other gears are perfect when i move them down manually.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Andrew