Phone Cradles

judas

Is there any easy way to tell what phone cradle is fitted in the car kit? I've checked the FAQ and there are six different types, which makes buying a matching phone a bit of a gamble! :scare:

I'd like to get a phone for the GT4 before I collect it on Saturday - should the dealer be able to tell me which it is from the VIN number of the car?

Thanks!

Is there any easy way to tell what phone cradle is fitted in the car kit? I've checked the FAQ and there are six different types, which makes buying a matching phone a bit of a gamble! :scare:

I'd like to get a phone for the GT4 before I collect it on Saturday - should the dealer be able to tell me which it is from the VIN number of the car?

Thanks!

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news, but by default you will not get a cradle in the car already. You just get the system and the input for the cradle in the transmission tunnel glove box.

You would have to specify the cradle you wanted and they ain't cheap (about £100)...... there is meant to be a new bluetooth one coming out soon though. Which will give you access to more phones.....

Picked up the car today and forgot to ask the dealer about the phone cradle - d'oh!

This is what's currently fitted:

IMAGE_00017.jpg

No idea what it is or how it's used...

You have to buy a cradle (about £100) to suit your phone and then insert into that docking thingy to utilize the hands free system. :thumbdown:

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news, but by default you will not get a cradle in the car already. You just get the system and the input for the cradle in the transmission tunnel glove box.

Thats what I meant by that Judas......

Thanks folks - at least I'm a bit clearer now.

Guess there's still no definitive release date for the bluetooth module yet?

Nope.

Mr F has one on order, but doesn't know when it will get fulfilled yet. He's going to let us all know, as loads of us in the same boat! :wacko: