LHD headlights

Wookiee22

Looking into getting a set of LHD headlights before moving to Germany - my understanding is that adjusting the standard ones won't cut it due to the flat beam (needs the 'kick up' on the kerb).

My question is are the US spec units the same as those in the EU? In other words would the ones that spring up on eBay do the job? They are considerably cheaper than EU OEM units!

Thanks,

Andy

Thanks for the response Zazur.

This is actually starting to become a bit of a concern, do you know if the flat beam is due to them being HID and not xenon? The issue I have is that without the kick up on the correct side the car won't pass an inspection I need to put it through - a substantial problem!

Anyone got any ideas?

Just leave the headlights as they are and stick a sticker in your rear window saying

"Yeah, I'm british, you lost the war, you suck at football, now look into my lights....bleh"

Only kidding....

Tempting though!

Honestly, you wouldn't believe how hard it is to get answers on this. Danny 350z is having exactly the same issues also! UK dealers refuse to give out the part number as it constitutes altering the vehicle from OEM spec, all the LHD units on eBay are DOT marked rather than E marked (and I have a feeling the inspectors might notice that...) and simply switching the beams across won't do it. Massive pain in the arse.

:rant:

Rant over. For now.

I don't understand this.My car was previously owned by a member of the forces based in Germany,it had a extra rear fog light fitted when I looked at it but other than that everything else seemed standard.

Car is a 06 with the larger projector,can't see this making a difference.