Japspeed racing manifold

davidmillzy

Morning guys and girls,

Ive been looking at buying the Racing manifold and Y pipe from Japspeed,Ive been told i can expect an increase of 14 bhp from the manifold alone and better throttle response from the Y pipe also that it will fit directly onto my scorpion exhaust system so very tempted :drive1, I was wondering if any one on this site has already fit these parts to their car and what differences it made in performance.

Cheers

Davie

Not many people have changed the manifolds over due to the hassle of changing them.... But will let you know more when I pick mine up next week as the Fujitsubo ones are just being fitted...

I dont know what the quality of the japspeed ones are like but am guessing they are not that good... if your going to change them then go for something decent that wont need to be changed in a year... Its a 3.5l 275bhp+ sports car... not a corsa, so give it the parts it needs to perform at a high standard...

14bhp? No idea but am guessing on a stock ecu no chance but could be wrong... But am sure they help a bit when you alter the ECU :thumbs:

Thanks 3FIDDYZ like i say iam just looking at whats on the market at the minute and just after advice let me know how you get on with the parts you are getting fitted.

Not many people have changed the manifolds over due to the hassle of changing them.... But will let you know more when I pick mine up next week as the Fujitsubo ones are just being fitted...

I dont know what the quality of the japspeed ones are like but am guessing they are not that good... if your going to change them then go for something decent that wont need to be changed in a year... Its a 3.5l 275bhp+ sports car... not a corsa, so give it the parts it needs to perform at a high standard...

14bhp? No idea but am guessing on a stock ecu no chance but could be wrong... But am sure they help a bit when you alter the ECU :thumbs:

Thanks 3FIDDYZ like i say iam just looking at whats on the market at the minute and just after advice let me know how you get on with the parts you are getting fitted.

Will do :) Oh and if anyone is interested, Envy have a lovely set of 5Zigen manifolds in stock... I would have been getting them if I hadnt got such a bargain on mine....

The std manis have what seems to be a double skin, very small bore and the 2 layer outer works a bit like sound deadner...

Aftermarket ones wont have this and as such you will get noise and resonance up front = noise inside.

I have changed manis on a few cars in the past, and in all of them it doubled or more the internal noise level, in my teg it was near to deafening...

I will be very interested to hear these in marks before i go for any!

I'm interested to see/hear the difference mark, i think you will get a lot more cabin noise with these changed...

I might get some when the sports CAT's go on.

Pipes have been heat wrapped (not that that will make much difference!!) and have some dynamat to go in the cabin to cover an area over the mani's... Had read that they may make things a bit louder!!

I might heat wrap my entire system in the hope it gets rid of some of the vibrations!

But am wondering if this is a good idea, it gets stupidly hot as it is...

Isnt it a good idea to wrap it then so its not causing issues to other parts of the car??? Whys it get so hot? Thin material?

Indeed very thin, resonates a lot and is Loud!

I worry if it was wrapped it might get too hot and disintigrate!

The tac welded name plates on the decats have 'melted' off already...

Would prefer that to happen than get problems with chasis and running gear... dosnt the zorst run near the petrol tank? :wacko:

I take it this is during normal driving conditions on the road (and normal meaning sticking close to the speed limits!)? Dont think there would be much of it left after 10 laps of a track! Is it sold as a racing zorst?

Its a race exhaust if you have bungs in or no noise limit.

Most true race exhausts make a lot of vibration etc.. due to the constraints of flow and weight etc...

Its really not that much of a street exhaust.

It only gets 'VERY' hot if i am using the car so to speak...

Oh an no, not near the tank or anything else, fitment was absolutely perfect. Has a Huge bore too.

Looked very good when I saw it at Reading and Tom was very very impressed with the build quality which is saying something. I cant see it having any problems at being punished around a track. Its just built to be lightweight so minimal thickness which menas a lot of vibration. Doesnt mean it wont handle abuse though. If you ever see a real titanium race exhaust, its shocking how little metal you get for your money!

Thats my point chris, Tom got sent a full race ehaust to use on his teg and it vibrated rediculously as the metal was so thin and it resonates so much.

I dont mind it too much but the rattle resonance is loud on mine at certain revs!

indeed it would be, i was hoping to try and have a lok at it when up on the ramps next week, identify where it vibrates and wrap that section..

We shall see, i dont mind the ratle as i know its a race exhaust sound, but to a lot of people it sounds like a loose exhaust or something :lol:

So when are you going to heat wrap it to hell to reduce the vibrations? :lol:

Isnt heat wrap heavy though? Sort of defeating the object of a thin walled light exhaust?

Thats why I was laughing as I said it ;)

Off topic - Ad: Do you know if Tom is in tomorrow? Been mentally busy at work and need to get my car booked in, even if to just get the new tyres on and not the geometry. Cant do Wed but needs to be before Fri :surrender:

Not sunday, its his one day a week off.

He wil be about all other times tho, maybe still now too.

Im there all day on tuesday ...

I tried earlier and got no answer, so assumed he wasnt about. I'll see if hes up for doing it after work on Tuesday then. I work earlies anyway so can be down there for about 5pm or maybe a bit earlier. Hopefully see you there :thumbs: