Repairing rays warning!

NWZ

I've read many helpful threads about respraying rays.

Here's my horror story:

I kerbed a ray last week, decided to repair it myself and respray the whole wheel as there was some bubling as well, sanded down with wet & dry, sprayed with primer then used Ford stratos silver and lacquered - all looked great. I did spray the centre cap first and did a quick colour check with another alloy and looked good.....

When I put the wheel back on the colour is nowhere near not even close to the original colour, I'm not here to flame but Ford Stratos Silver is not the correct colour to match the Rays silver paint. It is definitely darker almost undercoat colour when next to the shiny original silver. I'm a bit p'd off as I'm either going to now have to replace the wheel or pay to get it refurbed professionally.....which is what I should have done in the first place.

Pics will follow if I'm in the mood :blackeye:

Oh well you live and learn :lol:

Trev the Rev recommended this. CarPlan Bright Silver, part no WBS500 I have just test sprayed one side of a ray spoke with it and it looks very close match. It needs preparing properly now as I did not rub the small bubble off. It also looks like there is a grey primer under there too. For £4.99 it might be worth you trying.