braking noise

mc

this sounds strange, but under medium braking force from a decent speed, say 50 or 60 mph or so, I hear a noise, sort of like a 'WOOOOooooo' :lol:. It goes away once I take my foot off the brake pedal. Can't really think of a way to describe the noise!

There's no vibration or any problem I can make out, and the brakes were checked about 2k miles ago at the service.

Not sure if this is normal, only noticed it cos I didn't have the radio on! Any ideas?

Cheers

Mike

does the sound come from the front or rear. One thing I would say is when checking brake pads you need to remove them to check properly rather than an inspection while still in the calliper. There is issues with the rear pads breaking up which is detectable when taking the pad out

Thanks for the replies.

I think its coming from the front but I can't be entirely sure, will need to do more listening (without the radio on!)

I think I take the advice and remove, check and clean the pads when I next get the chance. I dont even know what pads are fitted. I've done about 12k mostly motorway miles since buying it last august, and its only on 31k now. Could be original pads and disks maybe?

What would cause the rear pads to break up, just age?

cheers

Yeah just age can make them break up, mine had 18k on the rear and were not worn but when i changed them they had chunks of pad missing :wacko:

i would check to see what meat they have left on them before you bother removing and cleaning them, if they look meaty then remove and grease the rear of them with copper grease

as above never trust a service inspection :surrender: